Chapter 24

Chapter 24:: Girly Thoughts... Ugh why I don't wanna be a girl

I fiddled nervously with my cardigan. Why did he have to agree to this so soon. What if my mom doesn't like him, and she refuses to let me see him again. These thoughts had been plaguing me all day. Since Reed had taken me home. My mother had felt the need to meet him, and that was leading to my distress in this moment.

When a knock came on that downstairs door. I tore down those stairs as fast as I could. I sprinted past my mother which say's a lot since I never sprint. I practically flung myself into Reeds arms.

"Jesus Allie. I'm use to girls throwing themselves at me, but this is just ridiculous." Reed wiggled his eyebrows mischievously at me. I punched him in the arm.

"Reed Parker behave you're supposed to be making a good impression on my mother."

"How are you supposed to know if she likes me or not if I'm not being myself?"

Before I could reply to his smart ass comment my mother was beside me at the door.

"That is a very valid point. You are a smart young man. Please come in."

I sighed and stepped aside. To let him in sending him death glares which Reed being the ass he is just thought was funny, and snickered at my distress.

"So you're the young man who captivated my daughters heart. I've heard some marvelous things about you. I'm Elisa."

"Pleasure to meet you Elisa." He gave her one of his charming smiles which caused me to role my eyes. I was the only one it seemed he saved his real smile for which made my heart giddy with pleasure. "Well I sure hope I captivated her heart. It wasn't exactly easy."

My face turned as red as a tomato to hear him say he wanted my heart made my heart melt in my chest. Oh no! I reprimanded myself. Don't you dare lose your resolve Allie you are not a romantic at heart.

"Ah yes that is my daughter for you. She's much like me I'm afraid. Very stuck in her way's, but she's not impossible to crack." This caught my attention.

"Well Elisa. I do love that about your daughter. She keeps me on my toes that's for sure."

I tried to smile, but not once had he admitted to loving me in front of my mother. That nagging feeling in the back of my head wouldn't stop with the negativity.

It was like Lord Voldemort was in my head. Stating over and over again... He doesn't love you. He's in love with a prettier girl. You know that you idiot. Stop before you get hurt.

"You are a sweet boy Reed, but I have to ask what are your intentions with my daughter they aren't very clear to me." Elisa leaned over the table. This brought me out of my thoughts. I turned to Reed a curious look on my face. Egger to see what his response would be. This is the moment that would break my quarrel for sure.

"Your daughter is unlike any girl I have ever met. She's different, and I love that about her. The winter formal is coming up, soon..." He took my hand underneath the table turning to me. "Allie will you go to the formal with me?" I was taken aback I hadn't pictured myself even going to that formal.

It was in three days what the hell would I even wear. Oh my god I just flipped back to girly mode again. Can I bang my head on a brick wall.

"Allie?...."

Reed broke into my thoughts his smile seeming to flatter. "If you don't want to go I understand, but I don't want to go with anyone else."

"Reed shut up. Of course I'll go to the formal with you." Elisa chuckled as she watched up.