Chapter 18

Chapter 18:: Game Changer

All day long all I could register was the fact that Reed wanted me to come to the game. Was he out of his mind. I was starting to think so honestly. Everywhere I went I brought a plauge of bad luck with me, but twords the end I finally talked myself into going to the game and drug Kennedy along with me. As I came back to the stands with some popcorn Kennedy looked up at me. She wasn't to happy that she was here now.

Honestly Kennedy hated football as much as my mom did, but secretly I had always loved it...

...
It was Superbowl Sunday. I knew because it was past my bedtime, and I heard the quiet hum of the TV. I instantly knew it was my dad. He loved Football and the only time he got to watch it was during Superbowl Sunday since mom hated it so much. I quietly threw my covers off of me and padded downstairs as quietly as I could. Careful not to wake mom up because I knew she would send me back to bed. "Daddy can I watch too?" He would always look up at me with a smile every time I asked this question. "Of course you can princess." Then he would pat the seat next to him and we would curl up on the sofa his arm wrapped around me each of us cheering for our favorite side.
....

As I came back to reality tears threatened to escape my eyes. "Alli you okay?" Kennedy looked up at me in worry. She had asked me something, but I just stared blankly at the field. "I'm sorry what I was thinking about something, and didn't really hear you."

"Are we here for Reed?" She raised a brow as she waited for my response. "Uh yeah he asked me to come so I did." I shrugged it was the truth and I might as well have told her the truth. Kennedy just rolled her eyes. "Since when did you start doing what Reed wants? Oh and are we going to the after party?"

"Kennedy the party is on Saturday it's not tonight." I shook my head I had honestly expected her to know that. "Yeah well if they win Reed is gonna want to spend some alone time with you so he'll probably take you to the lake early." Kennedy nudged me teasingly.

"Ew gross not gonna happen." Over my dead body would I ever let that happen Reed was just my friend and that's all he was interested in, and that was the way I wanted to keep it.

**

A few hours later Kennedy was annoyed the game was tied and we had gone into overtime. Reed just looked tired I almost felt bad for him. He was doing the best he could, but Hendos team was really good. They stood between us and state finals every year. I had wondered if he saw me. I slipped out of my seat and closer to the front. I was antsy to win this game. I raised my arm in the air and wondered if Reed had seen it.

He picked up the ball, and held it in the air, and he turned to face me holding it up. That's how I knew he had seen me. I laughed and as soon as the ball was on the ground again the play began. The only thing I could hear after that was the cheers of the crowd. We had won, and Reed had personally lead them to victory. It was the best game I had ever seen. It was even better then the Superbowl. We had won 79-76. Before I knew it Reed was across that field and he had engulfed me in his arms lifting me off the ground.

I laughed and even though he was a sweaty mess I didn't care I was ecstatic that we had won the game. "See and you said you were bad luck." I just rolled my eyes, and laughed. "Oh shut up you didn't win because of me you won because you can play." I probably shouldn't have been building up his ego, but in the moment I didn't care I felt like he deserved the praise. He looked me in the eye, and I swear in that moment it was just us then Mr.Dinwiddie the couch broke into our moment and Reed sat me down on my feet and I backed away blushing. I went to find Kennedy, but at the moment she was preoccupied talking to Wesley. So I rolled my eyes and headed to the car.

♜Reed♜

I had come this far, and I planned to lead the team to victory. I knew they were tired, and so was I, but we had to fight on because that's what being a Knight meant. You never gave up in the heat of a battle. The score was tied 76-76 this was the last obstacle standing in our way before state. Out of the corner of my eye I saw one person in particular her blonde curls falling in ringlets. She was the only one with her arm raised fist in the air.

I had to win it now. Allie had bothered to show up. I picked the ball up and turned to face her holding it in the air a smile on my face. This ball would be mine. I was gonna win this thing. I dropped the ball back on the ground in front of us and turned to Wesley. He had a smirk on his face as long as the Mississippi river...

...
"Dude will you just admit you like the chick already. I've never seen you this whipped." I was hanging with Wes in the basement I couldn't focus on call of duty, and that's why he started teasing me. "I'm not whipped man." My mind kept leaping to a certain blonde everything she had told me just now starting to register, and sink in. "Whatever man you're totally whipped."
...

I shook of the memory I needed to focus. "DOWN SET HUT!" As soon as I said it I took off running. It was now or never. The sounds of clashing helments and cheers from the crowd roared in my ears what kept me running was the fact that Allie was one of those people cheering me on. As the bellows of the crowd got louder I knew I had won it. I yanked off my helmet, and looked up at the scoreboard. 79-76. I went across that field as fast as I could to Allie and grabbed her in my arms. "See and you said you were bad luck." I smirked and got the signature Allie eye role. What I hadn't expected was to get a complement.

"Oh shut up you won not because of me because you have talent and can play." I wanted to kiss her, but I never got the chance coach Dinwiddie came up and I sat Allie back down on the ground. He gave me the game football because we were going to state. When I went to turn back to Allie and give her the game football she had disappeared, and so had my chance.

----------------------------------

Banner to the sideOf Reed Parker. Also I left this at cliff hanger so you'll just have to wait until the next chapter to see what's in store. Don't be a silent reader. Vote and Comment. ♥