Chapter 26

Chapter 26:: Marry Me

I woke up excitement bubbling in my chest. This was the first dance I would be attending with a date. This was a big step for me. Yep Ms. I'm staying single and never having my first kiss had changed her tune.

My first kiss had been stolen by none other then the boy who had complete control over her heart. She fidgeted nervously was a relationship something she could do. She knew she was such a closed off person that it was ridiculous.

She was pulled out of her musings when her mother called for breakfast. Oh food. Sweet sweet food. You will always be my number one.

**

"Ken I don't think I can do this." I was having a meltdown the day had went by so quickly that it wasn't even funny, and now my nerves where humming like a live electrical wire.

"Ali you can do this it's just a simple dance." Kennedy couldn't contain her laughter.

"What if I step on his feet. You know I'm a class A klutz and that danger should be written across my forehead."

"Allie I'm sure if you know that then he defiantly knows. You're just freaking out over nothing. You must really like this boy to torment yourself like this."

I plop down on the edge of my bed. "Ugh I do he's the first crush I've ever had I just want things to go perfect, and I don't want to mess it up."

"Ali trust me when I say he already thinks you're prefect. You're the moon to his universe. I see the way he looks at you. Honestly it makes me jealous I always thought it would be me first." I give a soft chuckle.

"Believe me if I can find a match for me then you definitely have one I'm as hopeless as they come."

"Awe Alliebear this is why I love you. Remember if this thing don't work we're gonna swear off men and just marry each other."

"Right gals before pals anyway. Or however that saying goes. Besides you would be the greatest lesbian lover."

"Oh you are such a dork, and hey no offense, but I'm holding out for someone with a dick because well you know I'm straight. I love you to death, but I want someone who can love me right. Now let me fix your hair."

I cross my arms with a pout allowing her to do my hair. "Are you saying I don't know how to make love?"

"No not at all my dear I'm sure Reeds worked you out a time or two already." I burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Nope I'm still a virgin. He knows I'm far from ready for that. I can talk a good game, but I would have made every excuse to not make love with him. I am an Allie chicken that's what I am."

"No you didn't make love on game night." She gasps in shock small chuckles coming from her mouth. "You are not an Allie chicken you're a lion heart, and you're my Alliebear forever." She pecks my cheek and I giggle getting up to check my outfit in the mirror.

"Well don't forget I'm Reed's Alliebear, and you have to share." Kennedy gives a grumble.
"Fine I'll share."

"Thanks for doing this Ken I feel much better."

"Hey look we got you ready just in time because the boys are here."

I yanked my flats on, and ran down to open the door. Reed hardly had time to look at my dress because I had jumped him.

"Allie we have to stop meeting like this." He wiggled his brows, and I rolled my eyes. "That's my girl."

"Well Hubba Hubba. You look good parker." Kennedy leaned up against the wall with a cool look on her face.

"Back off Ken he's mine." I chuckle and loop my arms around him. As he turns to me with a smile.

"I like the sound of that. All yours Allie." My cheeks turn a scarlet color. As Reed holds his arm out to me. "Shall we?" I take his arm with a smile spreading across my face.

"I think we shall. Let's go tear up that dance floor."

**

"You look beautiful tonight Allie."
"You don't look so bad yourself Reed." He holds his hand out as John Legend all of me begin to play.

"Why yes you may." I laugh and take his hand. "Matching your tie to my dress was a lovely idea Reed I like it."

"Kennedy actually told me what color to get. I had no idea it would be your dress color. Although I should have guessed not many men wear white ties."

"Well I like it. It was very sweet of her to do that." I look out across the dance floor and look over to where Kennedy and Wesley are dancing. "She's blind."

"Who?" Reed looks over to where my eyes are. "Love is blind. You didn't see it either, but others around us saw it first." I smack his chest lightly.

"I will admit I was rather blind to it, but so were you."

"That was the fun part getting to fall in love with you. It's not been easy, but it's been worth it. Allie... I love you, and nothing is gonna change that." He took a step back dropping to one knee. I felt my breath hitch in my throat my heart hammering in my chest.

"Allie Pennington will you marry me." Tears begin to spill down my face. I was in that moment relieved I didn't wear much makeup. I didn't know if I could speak I was tongue tied, but I didn't just want to nod my head.

"Yes Reed Parker I will marry you." I laughed and he shot up off the floor wrapping his arms around me kissing me. I was laughing and crying all at the same time. Then marry me begin to play on the DJ and no doubt Reed had something to do with this.

Forever can never be long enough for me
To feel like I've had long enough with you
Forget the world now, we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way

Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

Together can never be close enough for me
To feel like I am close enough to you
You wear white and I'll wear out the words "I love you"
And you're beautiful

Now that the wait is over
And love has finally shown her my way

Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

Promise me
You'll always be
Happy by my side
I promise to
Sing to you
When all the music dies

And marry me
Today and everyday
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

Marry me
Mm-hmm

I had got my fairy tale ending maybe life could be like fairy tale if only even a little. The prince who hadn't really been a prince at all won the heart of the peasant girl, and they got their happy moment, and danced the night away.

The End

------------------------------------------
This brings our tale to an end. All story's come to an end, but at the end of one is a beginning to another. However we are left with the one last important part. The epilogue.

I have enjoyed writing Allie and Reeds story, and enjoyed watching them fall in love. Thank you to those who stuck to the end, and a special thanks to those who kept me writing.