Chapter 10

Chapter 10:: Different

I followed Reed into the garden where he was standing on the Veranda looking up at the stars. A pang of guilt hit me as I walked up behind him. "Reed?" He didn't turn to look at me just kept leaning on the rail with his one foot crossed and his arms crossed over his chest still looking up at the stars. He didn't say anything so I laid my hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry Reed I didn't mean to get you in trouble with your mom..." He cut me off his words weren't as harsh as I had expected. They were gentle. The most gentle words I had ever heard come from him and they were barely a whisper. "You think that's what this is about?" He sat down at the end of the veranda stretching his legs out in front of him with a sigh. I walked to the edge of the veranda and sat down next to him. "What's this about then Reed?"

"I want to be different then those football stereotypes, but every time I try I get sucked into them. I'm supposed to date Amber, but I don't want to she's the meanest person I've ever met even outside of school. Wesley is the only one who knows me inside and out. I don't want to be mean and I don't want to have to be that confident guy all the time. I don't wanna be the jerk, but no one's ever shown me any different. So I go with what I know." I could feel my heart pound in my ears with every word. I did the best I could to wrap my mind around all the things he said, and that's when I realized I knew absolutely nothing about Reed Parker. "Is that why you take advanced math? So that you can stick out from the others?" He shook his head witch took me by surprised. "No actually I just like math." He bumped his shoulder with mine a small smile forming. "Is that all you got out of that whole thing?"

"No." I couldn't help, but to laugh. "But it's almost impossible to wrap my head around. Big highschool jock wants to be more then his title. I mean come on when dose that ever happen?" He roles his eyes. "See what I mean you labeled me before you knew me." I shot him a glare. "It's not my fault I labeled you when I saw you lip locking in public! You could have spared us all the torture of seeing that you know." He wiggled his eyebrows mischievously. "Do I detect a hint of jealousy." I shoved him. "Heck no I just don't like PDA. Never been a touchy feely person." He smiled pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. "Mm I think you haven't met the right person to want to be PDA with." He shot me a smirk. "Yeah well when Robin Hood shows up let me know." Reed couldn't help it he busted out in laughter. I couldn't help, but to like this Reed Parker the best. I liked him when he wasn't Mr.Popular, but when he was just Reed Parker the average guy.

"I didn't know you had a thing for Robin Hood." I couldn't help, but to role my eyes as I shook my previous thoughts away. "I don't just fictional book characters with chivalry, but I guess that doesn't exist any more in this world. All boy's seem to care about anymore is how fast can they get into a girls pants, but for me it's more the little signs of affection that matter." I hadn't realized I was gonna share a part of myself that ran so deep. In embarrassment I looked up at the stars I knew I couldn't look over at Reed who was probably sitting over there laughing at me. I didn't look away from the stars until I heard a soft click. I then held my head in my hands. What had I done? Now Reed was probably gonna go share that part about me at school. I had poured out my heart into that and what dose he do he goes back inside probably to call his friends and tell them how pathetic I was, but to my surprise when he came back he came back with a huge blanket. I had done it again I had went straight back to the jerk theory.

"Come on Allie." He unfolded the blanket witch was big enough for two without any contact, witch I was greatful for considering I had just accused him of being a jerk again and I was feeling guilty. I couldn't help, but to raise my brow. "oh so you do know my name then." He shot me a smirk before replying. "How could I ever forget the name of the girl who dumps food on me for fun?" He plopped down on the blanket. I just rolled my eyes and plopped down next to him. "Hey it's not like I intentionally wanted to waste my lunch on you. The universe just hates me." I could see the glint of mischief in his eyes. "Really that's the best excuse you could come up with to meet me." I wanted to glare, but I did the total opposite of what I wanted to figuring two could play at that game. I plopped my head into his lap, and looked up at him. "Oh yeah I did. How else was I supposed to get you to talk to me I'm a nobody." Reed give me a bewildered look. I rolled off of him laughing. "Oh your face I can't believe you even bought into that." He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "So supposedly I'm the jerk I think you're the one who's the jerk." I folded my arms looking up at the sky. "No that's still you! I just pulled your leg was all." He shook his head flopping down on the blanket looking up at the stars. "Well I have to admit it was at least refreshing to get another reaction out of you that wasn't a glare." I couldn't help, but to shoot him a glare as he said this, but instead of his usual eye role he poked me in the side causing me to squeak like a mouse. I slapped my hand over my mouth, and once the initial shock of the sound had passed we both began to laugh.

--------------------------

So oh my gosh chapter ten normally I never make it past chapter five so I'm over here celebrating. This part was so cute. Maybe Allie learned not to judge a book by their cover, but more to come. I'm kinda excited about this and who else ships Allie and Reed I mean they are so cute. OK I'm done with my babbling. Besides I would be surprised if anyone reads these anyway. So enough from me hope you enjoyed reading as much as I did writing this part.