Chapter 25

Chapter 25:: With Love comes the good and the bad.

The giddiness, and excitement of last night had left her whole being completely. It was hard to be excited about anything today. Life had swept back in and crushed her happiness. It was like a dementor was sucking the very joy from her soul.

There would be no dress shopping today. Today was a day where she would lie in bed, and cry, and it would be like that for years to come. The knock on the door down stairs made her groan. She defiantly wasn't going to get up and get it. Unless it was miraculous her father then she could care less who was at that door.

"Oh Reed I'm so glad to see you." Her mothers voice was soft, but she could hear it clearly. Ugh mom send him away I don't want to see him today.

"Elisa what happened?"

"Don't worry about me. Just pull Allie out of her wave of depression. I don't want her to suffer." Without another word she disappeared, and Allie could hear Reeds footsteps.

"Go away!" He had barley even had time to knock before she burrowed her head in the pillow, and yelled at him to leave her alone.

"Allie babe what happened?" I didn't even look up from my pillow. The misery was hanging around me like a cloak.

"Reed just go away." He sat down beside me on the edge of the bed. Go figure he wouldn't listen. He rubbed his hands up and down my back causing me to smile just a bit. I loved when he did that.

"Not until you tell me what happened." I rolled over to face him. The evidence of tears from earlier this morning were on my face. My eyes were more then likely swollen, and puffy, and my nose probably looked like Rodolfo's, but when he saw my face he smiled, and pushed the hair that came out of my pony tail out of my face.

"My daddy died today." Even as I said the words the pain clinched around my heart. The scars or should I say wounds would never heal. It would always hurt. Reed slid into the bed with me pulling the covers up around us both which made me smile even just the slightest.

"I'm sorry Allie. I know today's hard, but I'm here and I'm not going anywhere while you need me." I borrowed my head into his chest just breathing in his all so familiar scent.

"I know what helps. Ice cream." I raise my head to look at him.

"You think ice cream is going to help?

"Isn't that what they say to help heal a broken heart." I burst out in a round of giggles.

"Have you been watching chick flicks?"

"Pft... No ... Maybe. Come on what do ya say. Ice cream my treat. You don't even have to change."

"If I'm going anywhere I'm changing. I'll only be a minute." I head to my wardrobe, and pull down an old ACDC T-shirt and pulls some lose bell bottom blue jeans out of my drawer, and head to my bathroom to fix my hair and change.

By the time I finished up Reed was sitting on the bed his car keys in hand. "Let's go beautiful." I just role my eyes.

"Let's go ya liar." He furrows his brows. As I say this.

"Hey now I'm not a liar you always look good in my opinion." I role my eyes and shake my head as I head down stairs Reed following behind me.

"Fine if you say so, but I want chocolate chip cookie dough."

"Then it's all yours."

**

I hesitated, but picked up my phone and called Kennedy. I needed a nice dress for the dance, and I needed to keep distracting myself so I could get through the day. Reed had said he wasn't gonna leave, but as soon as I told him I wanted to spend the rest of the day with Kennedy he didn't give me much protest.

I smiled to myself. It was hard to believe a few short months ago I was single, and I hated Reeds guts. Now I couldn't even imagine my life without him in it.

I dialed Kennedy's number and when I heard a soft familiar hello I smiled. "Hey girl. I was wondering if you were free to go dress shopping."

"Alright who are you and what have you done with my Alliebear?"

"Aliens sucked out her brains. So can you go dress shopping or not?"

"Yeah, but what for?" I held my phone away from my ear as I said it so that I would be able to hear later on.

"I'm going to the formal duh." Right on cue Kennedy screamed in excitement.

"You are. Oh my god! Did Reed ask you? He did didn't he. Oh my god! I'll be over in a jiff to get you."

I barley had time to think before she hung up the phone on me. I shrugged and grabbed my wallet off the counter. It wasn't even five minutes later when Kennedy let herself in to drag me out the door. "So I have something important to tell you Alliebear." I quirked my brow doubting I'd get a word in edge wise.

"Wesley asked me to the dance."

This news made me frown. Wes was known as the schools player and Kennedy is like a sister to me. I don't want her to get hurt. "But what about Nathan."

Kennedy seemed to frown. "He's just my friend. I mean we've only hung out a few times. What's the problem?"

"Ken he's a player I don't want you to get hurt."

"Ali I know what I'm doing. I'm aware of his history, but I mean he at least deserves a chance doesn't he?"

I was happy for my friend, but I wish I would have paid more attention in her life to know that she was dating the school player.

"Are you two like dating?"

"No more like just hanging out really I don't even think he likes me that much."

"If he doesn't he's an idiot because you're awesome."

"Awe and this is why we are best friends."
**
"Allie! Get it you have to you will look killer gorgeous in it!" I bite my lip. I really liked how the dress looked, but it was pretty pricy.

"I don't know Ken I mean the price is ridiculous, and I'm only gonna wear it once."

"I swear if you don't get it I'm gonna freaking buy it myself and give it to you."

---------------------------------------
Banner to the side ⇠ Made by yours truly.