Chapter 15

Chapter 15:: Girls night out

When Sunday rolled around I realized just how bad of a friend I had been lately.

Kenboo: Hey Allie bear can't wait till girls night what movie we watching?

I face palmed as I looked at my phone screen I had all, but forgotten about girls night. When I came in Saturday afternoon I escaped to my bathroom so mom wouldn't ask me questions about Reed, and so I could get in the shower after a long hard day.

Allieboo: Oh right ya know I forgot to pick a movie, but can ya come over earlier then planed I've got things to tell ya.

As soon as I sent the message it was to late to take it back, and besides Kennedy is my best friend it's time I actually let her in my life. The response came almost instantly.

Kenboo: Yas I'll b right over <3

I took a deep breath and threw my phone into the corner of my room, and went to grab my hair band to tie my hair up in a pony tail. Only a few minutes later I heard my mom yell from down the hall. "Allie Kennedy's here!" I rolled my eyes as I opened my bedroom door, and Kennedy's smiling face enveloped my vision before I was pulled into a bear hug. I laughed and hugged her back because it felt like forever since I had seen her last.

"So what did you want to tell me?" I motioned to her with my hand to enter my room. My face said I seriously had something to tell her and she complied moving in past me and making herself at home in my room. I kicked the door closed behind me, and sat down next to her on the bed. "Ken you know how it's just been me and mom, and how when you asked why we moved here I kind of avoided the question."

She nodded and when she didn't say anything I jumped right into it figuring she wasn't gonna talk until I spoke my peace. "My mom and I moved here when my dad died. He was coming home from work, and a drunk driver hit him head on it killed him instantly." Kennedy's eyes shown with tears, and she pulled me into a hug. That was when I lost my composure and cried. I guess the loss of my dad would never stop hurting. Kennedy just rubbed my back and hugged me and we cried together. Once we composed ourselves she finally spoke.

"Allie why did you choose to tell me now?" I collapsed on my bed and cuddled up under my blankets. Kennedy followed my lead laying down next to me covering up her body with my blanket. I had to tell her the truth no matter how hard it was. Momma had always taught me that the easy thing and the right thing were never the same thing. I took a deep breath in. "I was over at Reeds house and we got into a fight. He was pretty upset, and his dad James found me in the garden crying, because the fight had got me thinking about a lot of things. My dad being the center of my thoughts and the memory's washed over me. Well James found me in the garden and I needed comfort so after I had cried it out in his arms. He gave me a piece of advice, and asked me if I wanted to talk about it. 'If you don't open up you will always hurt the one's you love whether you mean to or not.' With that thought in mind it came pouring out. Then I told Reed, and this is gonna sound horrible, but your my best friend in the whole world, and I want you to be in my life I want you to know everything about my past."

Kennedy seemed stunned. "Well Al I'm kind of hurt you didn't tell me first, but I'm glad you told me. I couldn't imagine living without my mom or dad so I can't imagine how you feel." I was shocked that Kennedy wasn't angry with me, but then again she was the laid back and more chill friend not really the up in your face kind. A smile broke out on my face. "I promise Ken no more secrets between us."

"Its a deal." She laughed and giggled and even though I wasn't a giggler I found myself joining in with her. Once we stopped laughing and giggling she looked at me. "Alright so if we have no more secrets between each other I have one to share with you." I looked at her my blue eyes brimming with excitement. "What is it?"

"I have a crush." My mind did a complete back track. Did she just say she had a crush. My goofy friend who just yesterday declared that all boys had cooties. I couldn't help, but to blink my excitement and joy for her now spilling over, and my inner teen girl taking over. "You have a crush! No way! On who?" Kennedy seeing my excitement was filled with my contagious spurts of energy. Normally we were never this girly we were actually the girls who mocked the other girls for talking like this. "Nathan. He's just the sweetest guy I've ever met, and he contributes to the project, and listens to my ideas."

"Nathan? I've never really talked to him." Kennedy just rolled her eyes and gave me a friendly nudge. "Allie you don't talk to anyone except Reed! Speaking of Reed are you two like a thing?" Her question took me completely off gaurd normally I never stuttered, but I couldn't get my mind to work and form a coherent sentence. "Wh... N...o!" I took a deep breath and calmed my shakiness. "Why do you think we are a thing?"

Kennedy just shrugged. "You two seem close, and you did tell him your secret first." I just glared at Kennedy. "Uh no! 1) I told his dad first 2)He's a football player 3)We aren't that close."

Kennedy rolled her eyes. "OK you have a point on your first argument, your second argument is invalid because him being a football player has nothing to do with anything. Your third argument is just a total lie. I've seen both of you interact, and I mean if you weren't that close would you have told him about your past. I mean think about it."

She was right about it all honestly I had some trust and faith in Reed I just didn't know if it was misguided yet or not. Could I trust him. A part of me felt like I could, but the part of me that I wanted to protect, and keep locked away forever didn't trust him it made no sense at all. It was like I was two parts of the same person. Kennedy brought me out of my muddle thoughts. "Do you have a crush on Reed?"
That really shocked me, and what shocked me more is I didn't really have an answer for her. Before it would have been a straight away, no answer plain and simple. I wasn't the kind of girl to dwell on crushes and the typical teen things. I also would have instantly said he was a jerk. Until I had gotten to know the true Reed Parker of course. Now I wasn't so sure of anything let alone how I felt for the football captain who had another story to tell then just the one everyone gave him.

"I really don't know."