Chapter 13

Chapter 13:: Relief and a New Friend?

The silence settled in around us. It wasn't awkward it was just a heavy kind of silence. The same silence you hear when you tell someone your father died, and they are trying to come to grasps with it. I stayed with Reeds arm wrapped around me my head laid on his shoulder. Even though I had told someone my darkest secret I felt so relieved. Besides didn't everyone have a dark secret. It was a while before he spoke again.

"Allie let's go get some breakfast."

Just those words made a huge smile appear on my face. I was starving I didn't realize it until he mentioned breakfast, but another thought struck me as Reed was about to turn the knob and head downstairs.

"Are we um are we cool?"

This was the moment of truth. When I found out if the guy was a good guy or not. I wrang my hands nervously. A bad habit I had acquired, also a weird one because most people bie their nails when they were nervous, but for some reason not me I was different. I had the habit of rubbing skin off of my hands when I was nervous. Reed stopped at the door and looked me in the eye.

"Yeah we're cool, but I hope you know this means you're stuck with another friend."

Another friend my heart did a happy flip. What he said with his eyes was... I won't tell Allie, but you've got to trust me. The relief flooded in my eyes before I darted past Reed and yelled over my shoulder. "Race you!"

"Hey you cheater you had a head start." I laughed, but I heard Reeds foot steps close behind me and picked up my pace. I came skidding into the kitchen with a triumphant smirk on my face. Reed very nearly slammed into me. This caused us both to laugh.
"Ha I win. Witch is sad because I'm athletic in no way."

"Only because you cheated you dirty cheater." Reed crossed his arms causing me to laugh. "I challenge you to a rematch and you have to play fair." He tapped my nose causing me to laugh. His mother choosing then to break up our fun moment by clearing her throat. I took a step back from Reed and blushed. "Well good morning you two. I didn't realize we had two elephants in the house... Or should I say love birds." Her statement made me blush further, but before I could say anything Reed broke in.

"Mom!..." His groaning made me laugh it reminded me of my reaction when my use to tease me. "We aren't love birds we were racing to the kitchen. Besides she cheated anyway." Gwen raised a brow before turning back to the stove and putting pancakes on a plate. "Alright alright you two go and wash up before breakfast I'm go and get James." That moment James appeared at the doorway with a smile. "Woman I'm right here, and what's with all the ruckus I about got trampled this morning."

I couldn't contain my laughter. "Sorry James. Reed and I got into a race this morning down to the kitchen." James laughed and his eyes twinkled with mischief. "I hope you kicked my sons butt. Someone's gotta teach him a lesson."

Reeds mouth curved up in a pout. "Well thanks pop good to know you encourage cheaters." James eyes just sparkled with amusement as he went and kissed Gwen on the forehead. "Sorry son, but it's been proven women are physically better at everything." This made me burst out in a fit of laughter, but before I could say that's right Gwen beat me to it. "You got that right now you boys better behave or Allie and I will eat all these delicious pancakes on our own." She gave me a wink before the boys headed off wrestling each other as they went. I just sat down shook my head and laughed.

"Just a word of advice Allie. The Parker men are full of spirit, but the woman who stands behind them will always be tougher." She winked and I blushed. "Oh Gwen that reminds me. You never did finish telling me how you and James met. I want to know." She just smiled.

"Alright where did I leave off?" She seemed to be diving back into her memory trying to remember where she had left off in her tale. "Oh right as I had been saying John ended up considering me a friend. Witch you knew meant I was spending a lot of time with him and James. When I started to date John. James and I became closer friends. Well we went to a beach party one night me John and James. James being the idiot he was got drunk, and I had to drive him home because John wanted to stay for a bit, but then James started talking nonsense, but he really seemed to be talking to me. Well in a sweet drunken sort of way..."

Gwen rolled her eyes, but she seemed to be far off buried in the past. "That night he asked me why I was dating John. So I told him my reasons. Then he asked if I loved him. Well being the teenager I was and not knowing what love was I told him the truth. That I didn't know what it felt like. By this point we were at his house and I was tucking him into bed as best I could, and he slurred in his drunk state 'well I will show you what love feels like.' Then he kissed me. Of course I broke it off as fast as it happened because obviously he wouldn't remember. Well the next day at school I was thinking about that kiss and he apologized for any and everything he may have done and I had my answer."

I smiled as I listened out of the corner of my eye I could see Reed and James standing in the doorway smiling and I felt my heart break in my chest. My family would never be that whole ever again.

"Well two weeks later James and I were studying in the library when finally I couldn't take it anymore. You see I had always been a quiet girl, but I could be really blunt so I just asked him straight out. James do you like me? He looked up shocked of course because he certainly wasn't expecting that. For the first time though the man gave some real thought before he answered, and next thing I knew my back was pushed up against an old bookcase. Of course that wasn't my first time. The first time we well you know ..."

"MOM!" Gwen and I both jumped at Reeds loud outburst. James just laughed and put a hand on his sons shoulder a mischievous look sparkling in his eye again. "What's the mater son don't wanna hear how you were conceived?"

This made me burst out in laughter and Reed just glared at me.

"Well excuse me for not wanting to know about my mom and dad's first time banging."

----------------------------------

Ha oh my gosh so I died laughing at the last bit and I left it as a cliff hanger the next chapter is gonna be funny or what I have planed anyway will be funny or I hope anyway that's a state of opinion. Now down to business. I'm not sure how long it will be in between updates life's picking back up and as much as I just want to spend my time updating reading and writing I really can't, but I promise this will get completed! I haven't forgot and I'll do my best for you guys I promise