Chapter 11

Chapter 11:: Tangled up in memory's

When I woke up I wasn't laying in my bed like usual and I definitely wasn't alone. I felt arms wrapped around me. I smiled and burrowed my head further into Reed. It was like I was designed perfectly to fit in his arms. I smiled at the thought still to groggy to come to grasps with what I had just smelled. I took in a deep breath of Reeds scent. He smelled faintly like a cologne, but mostly like the morning dew on grass. I smiled shutting my eyes tight. Just a little longer in this moment. As the groggy begin to fade I sat bolt upright. What the flying flip was I doing! This was a no. I stood to my feet and Reed gave me a bewildered look as he got up himself. "We must have fallen asleep."

"No really I was under the impression I had stayed awake all night." My voice was bleeding with sarcasm. I didn't know how to react to this or to the fact I just had a girly moment with Reed. What even was that I am not one of those girls who falls at his feet. Reed rubbed his eyes before he let his warm brown eyes meet mine. "Good morning Ms.Grumpy I didn't realize you weren't a morning person." He smiled, but I was having a freak meltdown. "My mom is gonna kill me! I stayed out all night." Reed took my hand to stop my meltdown. "Allie it's OK before you fell asleep I texted your mom telling her you wouldn't be coming home that you were staying at a friends house."

"YOU DID WHAT!!" This sent my nerves into an overdrive. "Allie calm down." Reed placed his hands on my shoulders. "Did you tell her who I was with." He gave me a confused look. "Yeah I told her you were at my house." Panic settled in again and I grabbed my phone to see a text.

Mom: OK Allie that's fine, but I want to meet this Reed. Invite him over for dinner tonight and have fun baby.

I almost screamed in terror. I knew I would never hear the end of this. I plopped down on the blanket and placed my head in my hands. Reed sat down next to me a worried look on his face. "Allie what's the matter?" I looked up at him. "My mom wants you to come over for dinner tonight she wants to meet you." Reed crossed his arms. "Why is that such a bad thing Allie you've met my mom. Are you embarrassed to be seen with me or something?" Something unrecognizable flashed across his face before his feature's contorted in anger. "Afraid to take the jock home?" He stood up on the blanket. "Tell your mom I decline. We're not friends just project partners, and as far as what happened last night lie to her face and say you were to tired to drive home." He stalked back into the house and slammed the door behind him.

Was it true? Was I embarrassed to bring him home or was I afraid because he might actually be different. Either way that had hurt. I threw my phone on the other side of the blanket, and collapsed my head in my hands. This was the worst Saturday I'd ever had. It reminded me of another and just like that I was flooded back to the memory's...

...
My moms puffy red eyes looked back at me as I stood in the kitchen. She took one look at me and dropped down on her knees and broke down at my feet in the middle of the kitchen. I hurriedly wrapped my arms around her trying to figure out what was going on. "Mom what is it what happened." All she could do was sob in my shoulder. She finally managed to get a hold of her bearing's enough to tell me what happened. "Your father..." She seemed to choke out every word as reality took a hold and seized me. "... He's not coming home Allie. A drunk driver hit him head on, and it killed your father instantly." That was when the uncontrollable sobs racked me, and this time it wasn't me holding my mom, but here who was holding me as I sobbed. That was the first time we had cried together ever. My mom was a strong woman and to see her break down like this hurt....
...

I couldn't stop the tears. It was like I hadn't cried in years and they just flowed out. I heard the soft click of the door, and saw a man standing there seemingly confused. He had beautiful green eyes. "Well what on earth." He sat down on the blanket next to me. "You must be the Allie I've heard so much about." I looked up whipping my eyes in embarrassment. "Uh yeah I'm sorry about this Mr.Parker? I was just..." He cut me off before I could say more. "Allie it's OK I've been wanting to meet you for a while now ever since my wife bragged about you." His smile literally made my insides melt. I was looking at Reeds smile. Tears welled up in my eye's again, but this time I wasn't alone. Mr.Parker wrapped his arms around me, and like a little girl I cried into him. Once I got myself together he kissed the top of my head like my dad had used to do. The thought made me want to cry, but I had cried myself out by this point. "I am so sorry Mr.Parker." I tried to get out of his grasps, but his warmth radiated out of him, and I didn't want to leave just yet I wasn't ready. "It's OK Allie. Do you want to talk about it?" I nodded my head. I needed to talk to someone about it, and who better then to tell the man who had been my shoulder to cry on?

-----------------------------------

✍Cast✍

James Parker~ Patrick Dempsey

So I'm leaving you with a cliff hanger and a sad chapter. This wasn't as much fun to write, but we will dive into Allies life a bit more, and her past. So warning for you all. I may or may not be updating as usual because on Monday *shivers* I have my first day back to school and I'll be supper busy, but I promise this will be a book that I finish.