Chapter 8

Chapter 8:: Can the floor just swallow me whole?

As I wondered home my mind kept flitting to James and Gwen's story. Some part of me felt a little like it was similar, but not a whole lot of it was. A huge accident hadn't rattled Gwen's life and caused her to have to move. No for her it was simpler. Maybe just as hard on her, but at least her family stayed intacked and in one whole. Although it must have been extremely hard to move right before highschool. Then again moving for senior year defiantly wasn't easy. As for the prat part, she couldn't help, but to giggle a bit as she thought about that, that's exactly how she felt about Reed at first. Then she had come over to his house and seen a whole new side of him. As she got into bed a whole new world played in her head, but Jasmine's and Aladdin's lyrics had changed to fit her own story:

I can show you a whole new side. Shinning, shimmering, and splendid. Tell me Allie when did you last open your eyes? I can open your eyes take you wonder by wonder. A whole new side a new fantastic point of view. No one to tell you no or how it is A whole new side I never knew existed.
...

The words begin to fade out of my head as I began to slip away. Tired from my exhausting day, but even then I had time to dream.

...
The scene was one of a field I was laughing as I ran in a field full of Dandelions and Daisy's my white dress flowing in the breeze as I ran. Then I felt arms in circle me and whipped my head around with a smile. "Let me show you something Allie." I nodded my head as I took Reeds hand, and followed him through the forest. We swung our hands back and forth as Jasmin's a whole new world seemed to play as background music. Once we arrived faire's and pixie's danced all around us as he took my hand and begin to sing the lyrics to the song except it was my lyrics. "I can show you a whole new side shinning shimmering and splendid. Tell me Allie when was the last time you opened your eyes?" I felt my face flush a shade red, but it didn't make me look like a clown it tinged my cheeks and made them look almost near perfect. "I can open your eyes take you wonder by wonder." When I opened my mouth to sing my line it came out almost heavenly. "A whole new side a dazzling place I never knew existed." Then together we took up singing the last part. " A whole new side. That's where we'll be. A thrilling chase a wondrous place for you and me." As Reed looked into my eyes I wanted him right then and there to kiss me. When he leaned forward to kiss me the most awful noise I'd ever heard came out of his mouth and I was pitched forward...

...

I sat bolt upright and slapped the snooze button on my clock. With an exasperated sigh I flopped back down on my pillow. What the heck had that been about. I finally came to the conclusion that I was emotional that I had seen something different in Reed and it caused me to do a flip. I also came to the conclusion that I hated him, and didn't actually want him to kiss me. Once I had done a bit of damage control and talked myself through the logic of it all I begrudgingly got out of my warm bed, and made myself get ready for another day of torture.

**
Kenboo: Hey how did your project go with Reed yesterday?

I hadn't seen the message from Kennedy until I stepped out of my car and I really just didn't feel like answering. I jammed my phone back in my jeans pocket, and grabbed my lunch box. Yep Allie had learned her lesson I had enough of that cafeteria food and I was sick of starving all day. I didn't bother stopping by my locker I knew Kennedy was waiting for me to tell her all about Reed. Yeah she was one of Reeds many worshiper's I had figured that much out, and she was mader then a snake with it's tail caught in the door at me because I had an inside special to Reeds life, and I didn't appreciate it at all. Honestly I would have traded places with her any day. As I headed to math class I felt myself internally groan I knew that I needed an A to win the bet with Ms.Taylor, and I knew we would get our papers back today. When I took my seat a B was starting back at me on my paper mocking me. I wanted to slam my head down on a desk. Why the heck did she have to be one of them teachers pushing me to do better why wasn't a B good enough? I saw Ms.Taylors I told you so face and I wanted to slap it off. Instead I raised my hand. "Yes Allie?"

"Is a tutor really necessary I have a B." She give me what seemed to almost be a mom look and my whole stomach dropped. "Yes Allie I'm afraid it dose I want you to be your best so I'm paring you with an honors Math student. I'm sure he'll be able to help you." Before I could say anything she went out in the hall and screamed at someone. "Mr.Parker! Come here please." My heart pounded in my chest as I looked up and Reed came in and stood in front of Ms. Taylors desk clearly as confused as I was. "Ms.Taylor what can I help you with?" She gave me a smile and lead him over to me. By this point I really wish the floor could swallow me. "Mr.Parker you are one of my best students..." Yeah OK rub salt in the already stinging wound then Ms.Taylor. "So I would like you to be her personal tutor." My face was turning more like a tomatoe with every second, but Ms. Taylor hadn't seemed to notice. "Sure Ms.Taylor I'll do the best I can to help her, but it'll have to wait I've got to get to science class." He gave Ms.Taylor a smile, and I just hung my head in shame. "See you later Allie." With that he slid out of the room and it was like he hadn't been there at all. "See Allie that wasn't so bad." With a smile she headed back to her desk and I wanted to hit her upside the back of the head so bad. Says you! Was all I could repeat in my head. This meant I had to spend more time with Jerk boy. Let's just say if looks could kill that I would be a murder and Ms.Taylor would be the next victim.

--------------------------------

Sorry if it was hard to understand so allow me to elaborate the song I pulled out bits and pieces and bent them so in the dream the bits and pieces they sang were just the parts that Allie had memorized that's why it wasn't the whole song. Also the real version of the song is on the side. Over there so I suggest you listen to it, and you can tell I bent it a lot to fit the story. Anyway I know it wasn't the best chapter, but I thought it was pretty good and that's all that matters.