Chapter 17

Chapter 17:: Good Luck Charm

Monday brought more buzz about the dance, but I kind of just ignored it. I still didn't want to hear about that lame dance. Honestly who in their right mind would want to go to some lame dance in a hot gym with tones of sweaty bodies pressed in one room that's my question. Although now that I thought about it. Just made sense most teenagers were for the party scene. Me I was not. Most nights I stayed in and watched old reruns of Once Upon A Time, Reign, and Merlin. Even Kennedy ditched me to go to those stupid parties.

My train of thought was intruded upon when Wesley came bounding up to me. "Hey you!" He waved his hand in front of my face and snapped his fingers. "Are you OK?" I shook my head and shot him a glare. "I was until you showed up. What do you want Rush?" His smile seemed to instantly fade.

"No need to be so hostile Blondie." That reminded me of Reed he was really the only one who called me Blondie and the fact Wesley was calling me that was not OK. It made me angry to no end. "I have a name you know! Seriously are you here to aggravate me or did you want something."

Wesley wiggled his eye brows. "Well I'd love to aggravate and tease you, but I think Reeds got dibs on you. Anyway I'm here to invite you to Reeds Party." Since when did Reed or anyone esle for that matter have dibs on me I was about to argue when my mind lept to another thought. Reed was throwing a party? It was only Monday, and I found it hard to believe that Reeds mother allowed him to have parties. I gave Wesley an incredulous look.

"Where and when is this party?" Wesley looked shocked as if he hadn't expected me to want to know the details. "Reeds lake house on Saturday." The boy had a lake house. Why was I not surprised. This sounded like a cliché movie. So I would go to this party, and get my supposed first kiss from some drunk and sweety teenager. I cringed at the thought, the last place I wasnted to share my first kiss was at a party, and with someone who wouldn't remeber me. What were we gonna play truth or dare too? My thoughts went to all the party's I had seen in the movies, and none of them ended very well.

"Pass. I'd rather stay home, and watch TV."

With that said I closed my locker and headed to my dreaded math class. I had noticed that lately Reeds patience had paid off. I was actually able to keep up with what was going on, but today I couldn't focus on math.

By the time the bell rang I was so lost I didn't care. I would just ask Reed to explain it to me. After all he had been the main cause of my falling behind today. I walked to English without a care in the world. "Allie!" I turned just in time to be face to face with Reed. He hadn't stopped in time so I hit the top of my head on his chin. Reed grabbed ahold of me to steady me, and gave me an innocent smile. "Sorry Allie."

I shook my head and righted myself enough to be able to stand. "Do you always slam into people, and nearly knock them down." I tried to sound aggravated, but I wasn't I was actually happy to see Reed again, and that fact showed through my smile. "Nah it's only you Allie you're bad luck. So why aren't you coming to the party?"

I was bewildered so Wesley hadn't been lying. Oh well I still wasn't going it didn't sound like my kind of thing. "So Wesley wasn't kidding you really are having a party."

"Well yeah I'm a normal teen guy. It's actually to celebrate our win against Hendo." I saw his ego blow up like a balloon, and I couldn't help, but to laugh. "How can you be sure you guys are even gonna win?" I honestly had forgotten about the home football game tonight. I was supposed to be wearing silver and gold today, but that fact had also slipped my mind.

"Because my good luck charm will be at the game." Good luck charm. What the heck was Reeds good luck charm? I couldn't help, but to raise my eyebrow. "What's your good luck charm?" It wasn't uncommon for a football player to have a good luck charm. Most of them had something that they brought to the game every night, and they believed without it they would be flattened.

"You Allie. I want you to be there to cheer me on." What? How was I his good luck charm I was more like a bad luck magnet, not good luck. "Have you lost your mind? I bring bad luck wherever I go! Why the heck do you want me to taint your game mojo! If I come you definitely will lose!"

Reed just laughed at me, and took my hand like it was the most normal and natural thing in the world. Had we been at his house it would have been OK and natural, but at school this was just weird, but thankfully Amber chose right then to bust in. Although I was disappointed. I noticed I was nothing like her. I couldn't help, but compair my hair to hers, and compair my T-shirt and jeans to her tight little cheer outfit. Reed let go of my hand when he was asulted into a hug by Amber. She was practically hanging off him.

I rolled my eyes and waved to Reed. "Bye Reed I'll see you later." Although it caught my attention when Amber tried to give him a kiss. How he blew her off, and set her down. I snickered as I headed to language arts on my own. "Allie wait." Once Reed had managed to untangle himself form Amber he was at my side in a flash. "Please consider coming to the game it would mean a lot if you came and cheered me on." With that he headed into class before I could say... What about Amber and the Cheer Squad they'll be cheering you on for sure. Apparently I had a lot to think about I felt like I might actually show up at one of those stupid games.

-----------------------------------

Banner to the side Allie PenningtonMade by yours truly