All Friendships Must Come to an End

Christian kept his gaze locked onto Lilah. She had come back for him. Even in the midst of her insanity, he was on her mind. Biting his lip softly, Christian felt his brow furrow. He couldn't explain how he was feeling. He knew what was coming. He knew that Ra's-his father, would destroy Gotham. It was his mission: To cleanse the world of evil. Christian had heard the same crap over and over and then over and over again. Ra's al Ghul was like a broken record. Alas, a broken record that he had accepted. He had even welcomed death... until he saw Lilah dancing with Bruce. That was the strange thing, Christian felt something... jealousy. It was something he had experienced before, as everyone had. But for Lilah? That was just stupid, she was Jonathan Crane's chew toy and before that she was Floyd Lawton's. Lilah loved attention from men like them, even from Bruce Wayne. Christian had watched her giggle at Bruce's charming persona during the party. He was... charming after all. Which made sense as to why Bruce got more ladies than Christian did...considering Christian was mostly a dick. But, ever since his adventure with Lilah had begun, no, since he first laid eyes on the little minx who had made his life a living hell since she had walked into it, women, other women, were the last thing on his mind. The only other woman he really looked at was Selina Kyle, but every time he tried to make a'move' something seemed to stop him... He was too busy trying to stop Lilah from doing something stupid to care about women. It sucked. But, it was the truth.

"Shouldn't we be... I don't know... leaving?" Christian asked, causing Lilah to look at him with a dumbfounded look on her face.

"Huh?" Her reply made Christian smirk softly and he had to admit, the blonde hair was doing it for him.

"As much as I would looove to watch you flirt with Crane, Nigma, Wayne and whoever else is in on this, I think we should leave." He replied, placing a hand on her back and leading her along with the rest of the guests, all of whom were muttering among themselves. Some of their muttering of which he was able to pick up like:'The apple has fallen far from the tree.' and 'Such a shame at what Bruce has become.' Christian didn't understand. He knew Bruce well, in fact, the only other person he knew him better than he did was Thomas Elliot, who was one of Bruce's best friends... before the accident with Tommy's parents. But, the point was, Bruce was a good guy. In fact so good that it made Christian wanna hurl. They didn't call him 'Gotham's favourite son' for nothing.

"I am not flirting with Edie. We're just Friends." Lilah responded to him as Christian lead her through the crowd. "Huh? Oh come on, Edie. You know we're friends... why else would you help me?" Lilah was saying to the Riddler. "What?... wait...what do you mean I owe you?" Ignoring the one sided conversation he was forced to listen to, Christian pulled Lilah into a lone alleyway that he was certain wasn't even an alleyway and pushed his back against the wall. "Why did we stop?" Lilah asked, her conversation with Riddler apparently coming to an end.

"Because I don't know where we're going, genius." Christian sighed. Lilah rolled her eyes,

"Is that how you treat the person who saved your stupid life?" Lilah asked, placing her hands on her hips and tilting her head. Christian shook his head

"You know, sometimes I hate every single stupid word that comes out of your mouth." Christian frowned, taking a breath and waiting for the slap that waited him. Lilah paused before, as Christian predicted, she slapped him across the face.

"You're an asshole." She growled, moving past him and fiddling with her earpiece.

"What are you doing?" Christian asked, but his words lingered around them as Lilah ignored him, focusing on removing the earpiece before she threw it to the ground and stepped on it. For a minute, Christian swore he could hear the Riddler's cries of protests. "Is the Riddler absent from our conversation yet?" Christian asked.