Silence At Last.

Gotham General was one of the largest hospitals in Gotham, it was also a place where she had been numerous times. Hilariously enough, she herself had never actually been the patient. 

We're excluding Arkham Asylum. We were a patient there for five months. Or are we trying to forget that? Whoops!  

Approaching the front desk, Lilah locked eyes with a young man who smiled, 

"How can I help you?" He asked. Lilah returned a polite smile, leaning on the counter, 

"I'm here to see Dr. Thomas Elliot. It's important." She added. The man raised his eyebrow at her, 

"He has... just got out of surgery, but I can see if he's available. May I ask your name, miss?" He asked politely. 

"Lilah Doute. I'm an old friend." She said simply, her eyes falling to the phone beside him. 

What if he's busy? He was pretty mad at us when we last met. Maybe we should sleep with him too? 

"I'll call for him now. If you can just take a seat over there, I'll see if I can get a hold of him." The man behind the desk said, gesturing to the row of seats behind her. Giving him a small nod, Lilah stepped over to the red, velvet-like seats and sat down, her eyes locked onto the pair of white doors that were restricted to doctors and nurses. 

I don't think Jonathan is going to like this. We did give him the cold shoulder... Ha! He's going to be so mad when we get back! We can just give in? Do as he says? He is the boss, our maker. You never thought about that, did you, Lilah? 

Holding her head in her hands, Lilah shut her eyes tightly, taking deep breaths. But it didn't matter, she was simply getting louder and louder. 

We'll never be free. Jonathan Crane has made sure of that. No, we're going to be nothing more than a game. An empty shell he can have his way with and then throw away to find a new toy. Mistress of Fear? We can't even tell him about Tommy! We're pathetic. Lilah... Lilah? 

"Lilah!" Opening her eyes, she stared up at Thomas, he wore his white doctors coat, a hair net and was staring at her with a look of confusion on his face. Now, that she had snapped back into reality, Lilah noticed she was trembling. "What's wrong?" Thomas asked, kneeling down in front of her. Lilah opened her mouth to speak, but no sound came out.  "We can go to my office. Come." Following him in silence, Lilah crossed her arms over her chest. She felt as though she was going to be sick. "I'll close the door behind you." Thomas said in a soothing voice as he ushered her to a black couch and closed the door behind her, drawing down the blinds and sitting across from her at his desk. 

"What has Crane done to you?" He asked rather abruptly. Lilah crossed her legs, taking slow breaths in attempts to remain calm, 

"Nothing." She murmured, staring at a spot on the carpet.

"You can lie to me all you want. But quite clearly you want help. Seeing as how I've known you for quite some time, I'm wiling to help. However, if you refuse to tell me what's wrong. I can't help. Understand?" Thomas and Lilah locked eyes for a few brief seconds before Lilah averted her eyes and returned to the spot on the carpet. 

"I'm hearing this voice." She began,

"Go on."

"She... to start with, it was just... occasionally. But now, it's like she's constantly screaming in my head." Thomas took a small breath, 

"Well, as interesting as that sounds. I need to know what Crane did before this voice started." 

He wants us to tell him about the Fear Gas. 

Lilah bit her tongue, she couldn't tell him. Not without betraying Jonathan. 

"You won't talk?" Thomas sighed. Lilah shook her head, causing Thomas to click his tongue, "Then I can't help you, Li. I suggest you go tell Crane about this voice." 

That's not such a bad idea. 

"I can't." She said. 

"Scared?" 

"Never." She replied, glancing up at him with a faint smile that he returned.  

"Then why can't you tell him?" Thomas asked impatiently, "Surely the health of his pet means more to him than his experiments. Oh- Wait, I'm wrong." Smirking at her, Thomas rose from his seat, "Take these." He instructed, tossing her a container of pills that read 'Clozaril' "That's the best I can do with the... limited information you've provided me." 

"Thanks, Tommy." She mused back at him, popping open the lid and taking out one of the small white pills inside, 

"You take one, once a day." He muttered, passing her a water bottle he had sitting on his desk. 

Lilah, wait. You need me. 

Popping the pill into her mouth, Lilah swallowed it with water. 

Jonathan Crane's going to eat you alive. But then again, maybe we'll enjoy it. 

Lilah sat still, her eyes closed. She was still yelling in her head, but as time passed, she gradually became softer and softer until she was gone completely. For the first time in a long time, there was complete silence. 

"The effects aren't permanent. But it should last the rest of the day. Like I said, it is important to not exceed the amount you take." Thomas said as Lilah opened her eyes. "I highly recommend you talk to Crane." He added before walking towards his office door and drawing the blinds back up, allowing light to enter the room. 

"I highly recommend you shut up." Lilah mocked as she rose to her feet unsteadily. 

"You know that I'm right."  Thomas sneered, 

"Doesn't mean I'm going to listen." She replied as she and Thomas headed back towards the exit, 

"Then, I do hope you enjoy insanity." Thomas smirked, making sure that no one could hear him but her. Clenching her fists, Lilah returned a smile,

"An expert such as yourself would know all about that. Isn't that true, Thomas?" She smiled. Thomas was silent, his expression becoming somewhat serious. He knew what she was referring to, it was obvious. But she always believed that the truth was usually painful, so then why would Thomas expect anything different? Moving towards the exit, she looked over her shoulder at Thomas who watched her, 

"Until we meet again." He muttered, tilting his head at her as she exited the Hospital and jogged down the cement stairs. Much to her surprise, as she reached the bottom, she found two of her men, both wearing suits waiting for her with blank expressions, 

"Miss Doute." They both greeted. Lilah frowned at them, quickly concealing the pills in her jacket pocket. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked slowly, her eyes shifting from one to the other. She hadn't asked to be picked up. 

"Dr. Crane has sent us to pick you up. He wants us to take you to the Asylum." The larger of the two explained. Lilah sighed, she should have known he would have had her followed and now these two buffoons would tell him about Thomas, if they hadn't already. 

"And... did he say anything about whether or not I had a choice?" She asked, this time the other spoke, 

"No. He has specifically told us to make sure you go to the Asylum." The man said. Lilah nodded slowly, 

"Ah, so in other words, I have no choice." The two men exchanged smug looks, further proving Lilah's point before she sighed, "Lead the way." She muttered bitterly. She had finally regained peace of mind, quite literally and now she was going to be scolded by Jonathan. She only hoped that they didn't give him a name. She didn't care what happened to Thomas, but at the moment, he was the only thing that kept what was left of her sanity in tact.