Goodbye, my Friend.

There was a crunch. One that was heard even above Lilah's screams as she clung to the edge of the balcony, her eyes locked onto the still body that lay on the pavement below. Before she realized what she was doing, Lilah found herself sprinting through the dilapidated building, running down the stairs. She had to get to him. She had to save him. Reaching the final floor, Lilah felt her vision blur from the tears that wanted to flow down her cheeks; proving that she was weak. But, Christian wasn't dead. He couldn't be. Running into the setting sunlight, her eyes found Christian before anything else. 

"Christian!" Her screams ripped her throat to shreds, but Lilah focused on placing one foot in front of the other as she moved towards Christian's still body. 

Lilah quickly reached Christian's still body, falling to her knees as if she had become paralyzed. Her hands were hovering over his face, as if he had become poisonous to touch. There was blood spilling from the back of his head and as she finally cupped his face and slowly lifted it to rest his head on her knee, she watched as a slow trickle of that crimson liquid ran out of his nose and across his cheek. 

"Hey." Lilah whispered, her eyes watching his closed eyelids- waiting for them to open. "C'mon, Christian. Stay with me. Christian, you need to stay with me. Stay with me. You hear me!?" She cried once again, her chest feeling as though she was being stabbed over and over. "Open your eyes, Christian. I need you here with me. Please..." She begged, as if it would somehow make a difference, "I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to be this person... I don't even know who I am... Please... please don't... please don't make me do this without you. I shouldn't have to." Bringing her head down to his, she rested her forehead against his, slowly rocking them back and forth. He was gone. He was actually gone. "I'm so sorry." Lilah sobbed, each breath she took feeling as though they were slowly tearing her apart piece by piece. "I'm so sorry." 

"In the end, all men fear death." The Scarecrow said. Lilah had no idea how long he was watching her. But, she couldn't bare to look at him.  Instead, she continued to hold Christian close to her, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Mr. Sawyer here is no different." He said. "Do you not agree?" Scarecrow asked, giving no choice but for Lilah to look at him. He was still wearing his mask and the way he looked at her. He was waiting for her input, for her to agree with him. She wanted to speak, but everything hurt so bad that it felt like she was suffocating. Her father was dead. Mercious was dead. Christian was dead. Her mother was gone. Floyd was gone. Zoe was gone. Tommy was gone. Everyone around her was gone or dead. All she wanted was for everything to go back to how it was before Jonathan. "Lilah? Are you going to answer me?" Scarecrow asked, his tone was low, yet calm and concise. He was an expert in intimidation. In manipulating her. "Lil-"

"Stop... Talking..." Lilah forced out with venom lacing her words. Her tears stopping nearly all at once and her breathing returning to normal. But, it wasn't because she had contained her grief. No, it was because Jonathan had finally succeeded in killing her and everyone knew that you couldn't feel anything if you were dead inside. Looking down at Christian face, Lilah took a small breath before she slowly placed his head back onto the pavement, watching as it rolled to one side. He looked like he was just sleeping. But, she knew better. 

"We have things to do. Get. Up." Scarecrow hissed, moving forward. Lilah quickly examined Christian once more, before she noticed something. 

"He could have killed you." Lilah whispered, causing Scarecrow to stop dead in his tracks. He was interested, but he remained silent, an almost amused smile on his face as Lilah slipped her hand into Christian's jacket and pulling out the 8 calliber pistol he had concealed. "He could have shot you dead and he didn't." Lilah said, rotating the gun in her hand and watching how the light hit the metal, giving off a shine before she pointed it at Scarecrow and slowly rose to her feet. Scarecrow was still, showing no fear whatsoever, as Lilah would have expected from the Master of Fear. 

"Put that down before you injure yourself and become completely useless to me." He said, taking another daring step forward. 

"Don't come any closer." Lilah growled, "I am sick of being pushed around by you. Christian didn't deserve this!" She cried, not realizing the gun in her hand was shaking as she pointed it at him. She wanted to kill him, but no matter how hard she tried to squeeze the trigger she couldn't bring herself to end it. To end him. Scarecrow didn't take her words in. No matter how much she screamed and stomped her feet, he would never let her words sink in. She was his belonging. That was it. 

"Hey! What's going on here?" Turning her head briefly, Lilah only saw a flash of a blue uniform before she pulled the trigger and the figure fell to the ground in a heap. It was so easy. Pulling the trigger, it was like second nature, yet as the gun and her attention returned to Scarecrow, she returned to the broken little girl that she really was. 

"Why can't I do this? Why can't I kill you?" Lilah muttered, "I hate you so much. But, I can't even kill you because if I kill you, than I will have nothing left. Nothing to hold on to. Nothing to live for... and that's your fault. You ruined me. I'm broken!" She cried, her words lingering in the air before she pressed the barrel of the gun against her temple. It was still warm from when she fired it, but she didn't care. She just wanted it to be over. Ever so slowly, she squeezed the trigger and listened to it click, she was out of bullets. But, nothing happened, she was still standing. Still trembling. Still watching Scarecrow who lifted his hand to pull the burlap sack off of his head, she expected a mocking smile on his lovely face, but instead, he wore a look of anger as he stormed towards her, his hands clenched into tight balls. Reaching her, Lilah held her breath as he grabbed the gun from her hand and tossed it aside.

"If you ever..." Scarecrow began, taking a tight hold of her wrists, "Try to do that again... I will make sure you suffer." Lilah was silent, her eyes locked onto his. He was only a few mere inches from her, still wearing a look of fury. "You're mine. You told me you loved me just as I love you." He informed her, shifting closer towards her. 

"Yeah, I do love you, but at the same time I fucking hate you." She growled at him. Scarecrow smiled in response and pulled her towards him. 

"I don't care, you're my girl and you're not going anywhere, no matter how much you claim to hate me." He spoke to her in the way a lover would whisper sweet nothings in the ear of the love of his life. Not waiting for a response, Scarecrow pressed his lips against hers. She could barely feel the kiss as Scarecrow moved his hands up to cup her face.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I really hope this got across just how twisted their relationship is. Something that had been my intention since I started this Fanfic. Scarecrow views Lilah as his property and I really wanted to get across the idea that Scarecrow really just wants it to be Lilah and him, just the two of them without anyone else that could cause a threat (Stealing her away from him) Considering he did try to kill Floyd and threatened to kill Thomas Elliot, I hope murdering Christian wasn't too out of the blue.