Mind Games.

"Well, this place hasn't changed a bit." Lilah smirked, her eyes roaming Arkham Asylum's familiar, almost home like, walls. 

"Indeed." Jonathan agreed, staring straight ahead. As the pair continued to walk, Lilah's eyes continued to scan the area, the Asylum was quite nice to look at. Well... at least the office and main areas were. As they stepped into an elevator, Jonathan and Lilah went deeper and deeper into the asylum where no one ever went according to Jonathan. Stepping out into a long corridor, Lilah noticed the quality faded much like the Intensive Care Unit she was in. Looking around, Lilah covered her nose, it smelt like years and years of mould and old water. They were definitely deep underneath the asylum now and Jonathan had refused to answer any of her questions as usual. 

"Jonathan..." Lilah whined, jogging up behind Jonathan who continued to walk down the corridor, "Johnny?" 

"Don't call me Johnny." He scowled, Lilah bit her lip and promised herself that she would only speak when spoken to, 

"How much further?" She lied to herself. Looking over his shoulder at her, Jonathan sighed,

"Through that door. Are you really that impatient?" He hissed. Looking ahead, Lilah set her eyes onto the door she guessed was the one he was talking about,

"Where does it lead?" She asked again breaking the promise she made to herself. 

"You'll see." Stopping in front of the door, Jonathan took a short breath, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose before opening the door and letting it swing open. The room was huge, made of brick and as Lilah stepped in, she felt the cold air on her skin. Looking to her left, she saw a set of stairs that led to the lab that had several complex machines she had never seen in her life. All of which were stationed around a metal desk and several pipes that had the tops removed, showing the running water. 

"Do you like it?" Jonathan asked, sneaking up behind her. Lilah was still, a small smile appearing on her lips,

"It's beautiful." She breathed as she stepped towards the stairs, running her hand down the railing as she made her way down them. Manoeuvring around the various machines and the pipes, Lilah's smile broadened, everything was perfect. She had finally been told what her role in Jonathan's plan was. She was going to help him make huge amounts of Fear Gas to use on Gotham City by putting it into the water system. Looking up, Lilah smiled at Jonathan who was above her, leaning on the railing, watching her with a mixture of curiosity and caution. 

"How long will it take to make the amount of Fear Gas we need?" Lilah asked, 

"We?" Jonathan smirked, raising his eyebrow at her, "As in you and I?" As Jonathan moved down the stairs, Lilah smirked, 

"We're a team, aren't we?" She shrugged. Jonathan continued to move towards her, 

"Team? You work for me. That's not a team." His expression was neutral, but his tone of voice was something else, as if he was teasing her. 

"Do you trust me?" Lilah asked, "You must do. You brought me here."

"To work." Jonathan clarified with a frown, crossing his arms over his chest.

"All by myself?" Lilah exclaimed, swinging around, "I can't do this by myself." She muttered, moving over to the table and sitting on it. Jonathan smirked, 

"I'm here. So, you won't be by yourself." He told her, which only made Lilah roll her eyes at him, her excitement fading.

"What am I supposed to do?" She asked in the same way she would whenever her parents would ground her. 

"Watch me work." 

"I'm watching you right now and you're pretty boring to be honest." She said, tilting her head to the left and examining her nails. Placing his hands in his pockets, Jonathan once again moved towards her, a stern look on his face ,