My Love (Final Chapter)

The rain was set in by the time Phobia made her way towards Crime Alley, she was armed with a bloodied knife and had been informed her Scarecrow had been seen riding a horse through this part of Gotham. Phobia smirked at the thought of the crazed man wearing a torn straitjacket riding a horse through Gotham. If anyone had said that to her six months ago, she would have never believed that Jonathan Crane could even ride a horse. But, many things had changed and Phobia wasn't entirely sure if she really knew the Scarecrow that had taken over Jonathan's body.

Hearing a pained cry, Phobia sprinted around the  corner to find Scarecrow and the horse running off in the opposite direction and Rachel Dawes sitting on the wet ground with a young boy. At the sight of Phobia, Rachel lifted the taser gun towards her, the boy cowering behind her, but Phobia simply kept walking ahead, her eyes focused on where Scarecrow disappeared. As she passed the pair, she was surprised to hear Rachel speak, 

"Why are you doing this? You and Crane won't get away with this." Her words were enough to get Phobia to stop and as she lazily turned to face the woman, she couldn't help but sigh. 

"Lady, I'm just here for my crazy boyfriend. Ra's al Ghul will more than likely kill Scarecrow and me both when this is all over. I just want to keep him alive, so shut up before I decide to kill you." Walking once more, she kept her gaze ahead of her. 

"Why do you stay with him, Lilah? I know what he did to you. You didn't deserve that." Rachel called after her. Without looking back, Phobia smirked behind the mask. 

"He's got a nice ass and is great in bed." And without another word, she continued on her way, leaving Rachel and the child behind. Turning the corner, she picked up the skirts of her dress and broke into a sprint as she could have sworn she could hear Scarecrow whimpering. 

About two hundred metres ahead of her, Phobia spotted a riderless horse trotting away into the rain; but she didn't care about the stupid horse. Running over to a set of knocked over trash cans, she found Scarecrow tangled in his torn straitjacket and his hands under his mask, holding his face as he lay on top of the spilled over garbage. 

"Of course, how lucky for me to find my man laying in the trash." Phobia mocked, the whimpers from Scarecrow coming to a stop as he forced himself to his feet, trying his best to untangle his straitjacket. 

"Where have you been?" Scarecrow hissed at her, staggering towards her. It was Phobia's best guess that he had been tasered in the face and was clearly not in the mood for her games. 

"I've been enjoying your gift to me." She purred at him, grabbing onto his collar and puling him towards her. Although she could only see his eyes, she could tell that he was pleased with her answer. After all, this was it. This was going to be the rest of her life: Phobia and Scarecrow, forever and ever. Sadly, it also meant trying to convince Scarecrow to get out of Gotham before Ra's al Ghul did whatever it was he was planning to do. There was no one left to save in the city but him. "We need to go. Wouldn't you prefer to watch the chaos from outside of the city?" She asked, trying her best to be as seductive as possible in the way she looked at him and how her hand trailed down his chest towards his belt. If Scarecrow had even the slightest inkling that something wasn't right, then she would surely be punished and she had been watching how her mother got her way with Carmine Falcone for years. Men are weak when it comes to the charms of a woman, that was the lesson that her mother had taught her and for the first time in her life, she had a reason to use it. 

Scarecrow tilted his head and Phobia kept her gaze locked onto his. She wasn't able to read him with the mask, not that she could ever read Scarecrow before, back when he was Dr. Jonathan Crane. There was a moment of hesitation before Scarecrow glanced down at her hand that had grabbed onto his belt and then looked back up at her with what she assumed was a smile on his face.