My Love.

Jonathan watched her, waiting for a reply. A sign that she heard and understood what he had said. She did. She understood completely. But those three words, eight letters were almost near impossible for her to say.

"Perhaps I was too direct." He mumbled to himself. Lilah wanted to smile at him, to give him reassurance that everything was fine. That she loved him and he loved her. But no matter how hard she tried. She was frozen. "Lilah? Answer me." She managed to blink. Something useful. Letting her eyes scan his face before locking with those beautiful eyes, she forced the corners of her lips to turn upward,

"I..." once again the words stuck, "Have to go." Looking back around, she turned her back on him and flinched at the almost deafening silence that came after it. She stood for awhile longer before taking that first step forward- away from her love. Before she was able to take another step, Jonathan grabbed her arm, spinning her around so she was facing him before he gently pressed his lips against hers. The kiss was abrupt and almost rushed, but at the same time sweet. Jonathan had never kissed her before. It had always been her to initiate it... even if for the wrong reasons. When the kiss ended and Jonathan stepped back away from her, Lilah felt her heart almost stop,

"I have an appointment with Miss Dawes any moment now. I suppose we can reschedule our... date." he said, biting down on his bottom lip softly. Lilah would have asked for more information, but she was far too distracted for the thought to cross her mind. Once again, the dreaded silence filled the room as she turned on her heel and with every step she took the silence grew only louder. Had she managed to crack the heart that beat in Jonathan's chest? It wasn't her fault. She had not asked for love. She had not asked to fall for her torturer. These things just happened and were out of her control. All she could do was remain calm and deafeningly silent. She reached the top of the stairs and allowed her eyes to find their way back to Jonathan who no longer looked at her, but rather at the bench he was leaning on. She let her eyes watch him, he appeared to be calm, yet, his eyes were not focused on anything. But merely the empty bench itself, as if searching for answers that had been carved into its surface. Turning her eyes away from him once more, she moved towards the exit.

Love, hate. Such a fine line... That in itself seemed more relevant to her now than ever. It made no sense to love a man such as her beloved. He was cruel and bitter, yet... hers. 

Christian Sawyer... he should be around here somewhere... She continued to drive down the busy street, passing the magnificent houses and mansions that lined either side of the street. Christian had said she would spot his house easily. So, naturally, Lilah was searching for the most flamboyant and over the top mansion in the entirety of Gotham City. She had hundreds of questions to ask the man- he seemed to be just as knowledgeable as The Riddler, except less irritating. Her questions however all surrounded the Batman. He had not been seen since his run in with Jonathan two days ago. Sure, not a long time to be out of action, but in a town like Gotham, fifteen minutes missing was concerning. She also had questions regarding the certain attorney that Jonathan had been telling her about: Rachel Dawes. Lilah had heard of her, she had been friends with Thomas and Bruce (More Bruce) when they were children. Lilah hadn't met her before, she was a few years older than her, but remarkable to those who knew her. What Jonathan was planning for her would be interesting. Whoever Batman was, he seemed to have an eye for this Miss Dawes according to The Riddler and Jonathan.

After driving for another ten minutes, Lilah set her eyes into a rather large mansion with a series of lovely gardens and trees all freshly cut. I'm just going to assume this is it. Pulling up outside of the mansion, she stepped out of Jonathan's car (that she had taken without permission) and moved towards the gate.