Chapter 23

(Sophia's POV)

"Hello love. Everything alright?" he asked going towards the fridge and getting a water, then turning to face me.

"Uh, ya. Ya, everything's fine."

He nodded and picked up his phone, unlocking it and scrolling through it.

I breathed in and out deeply then spoke again.

"Actually, I need to ask you something." I stated.

He raised his eyebrows, which I knew meant continue, but he kept his eyes on his phone.

"Why is Jane calling and texting you?"

(A/N some of you have been asking who is Jane, so Jane was Harry's girlfriend towards the beginning of the story. He brought her home after he found her crying at the cemetery)

His head snapped up, and I was starting to regret asking him.

"You were reading my messages?"

"We shouldn't be keeping secrets from each other."

The tension in the room grew, and I sighed, grabbing my phone and leaving the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" he asked, following me to the living room.

"Well you obviously won't tell me why she's calling you, and we agreed not to keep secrets from each other so if you can't tell me, then I'm leaving."

I went upstairs, and grabbed a small bag, throwing clothes in.

"And just where do you plan on going?"

"I'm going to stay with Katie."

He grabbed my hands before I could reach for more clothes, and brought then towards him.

"Let go of me!"

"I'm sorry. If you want me to tell you then fine, I will."

He let go of my hands, and I crossed my arms, tapping my foot.

"I'm listening"

He took a deep breath, and began speaking.

"It all started the day Harry was shot."

I rolled my eyes and smiled at his cheesy story line.

"I was going over to visit him, after I called him saying I was coming over because I hadn't had time with my Hazza in a long time. So I called him, and he said he would be over there soon, he was talking with Bella and Niall at their flat. So I went out with Zayn to wait for Harry to call me, and when he did, I took Zayn over to Perrie's flat, and headed over to my Hazza's. Once I got to his flat, I was getting out of the car when I heard a gun shot, and ran to get to Harrys front door. I was about to open the door when someone ran into me, and I fell. Her mask was off, and I saw it was Jane. So after chasing her, she told me that she accidentally shot Harry, and I told her I wouldn't call the police on her if she stayed away from all of us and she agreed. The end."

I stood there with my jaw dropped, and my eyes wide in shock.

"You let her go after she committed a crime?! She could have killed Harry!!"

"I know I made a mistake, but I wasn't thinking. I called the police for Harry because I was worried! I was in shock too!!"

"Fine, but we have to report her for shooting someone!"

He nodded, and sat on the bed.

I sat on his lap, and he put his arms around me and brought me closer to him.