Holding on

Sean:
All through out the flight I tried to get Owen's attention. He was being the stick he always is, even more so. When we arrived at the Hospital he ripped into the Reyes team for not contacting him as soon as Luke was hurt. If they didn't call him then how did he know? Who called him? Did I really hear him say "Sang". Could it be her? I'm afraid to hope.
We followed the receptionist's direction and went up to the sixth floor.
"We are here for our brother, Lucas Taylor, he was brought in with gunshot injury." We tell the nurse at the desk giving the Luke's assignment name.
"He just came out of surgery, wait in the family room and I'll inform the surgeon about you".
"What the fuck happened Me. B?" Screamed North. He looked broken. After Sang left he took to looking after Luke. Luke was lost for a while, got into way too many scrapes.
"It seems the Reyes team failed to mention the risks this job entails. Luke was shot." Owen answered in a distracted voice.
"How did you find out about it?" I finally asked.
"A friend called."
"Lucas Taylor!" A man in surgical scrub asked. When walked up to him.
"You are his family"? At our nod he said " Mr. Taylor was brought in with two gunshot to his stomach and one in his leg. He also had a head injury. We were able to repair the damage to his stomach and his leg. He lost a lot of blood and his head injury is worrisome. He is unconscious for now. We will be able to tell if there is any permanent damage when he wakes up. You can go see him now."
" when is he going to wake up" North asked in a voice that didn't sound like him. He was worried.
" We can't say. Dr. Soren, our surgical resident will be able to answer you more in the morning".
He left without another word. He is in room six, the nurse said helpfully.
When we walked in Luke was on the bed all covered, tubes coming out of him. There was one going down his throat to help him breath. North made a strangled sound. He walked to the bed to hold Luke's hand. " I should've never let him take the job".
There was nothing Owen or I could say. We were both thinking the same thing.
Our family cannot take another loss. We have been holding on to each other for the last five years. We acted as if nothing was wrong but we all knew it was all held up by a very thin thread. I prayed Luke woke up fine. I couldn't even bring myself to read the report that hung on the bed. I was scared. All I could do was hold North.