The Power of a Little Black Dress

I'm going to dinner....,I'm going to dinner with them.....Sang was skipping and singing in her mind. After the boys left and she finished walking and playing with Winnie, she was now standing in front of her closet and doing this song and dance. At times like this she missed Gabriel. She never paid much attention to what she was wearing before him. After she left them she reverted back to jeans an shirts for a while. It took a intervention by a few friends to get her out of that world. Still.... She was now standing in front of her closet in her underwear completely lost. Time to ask for help!
"What do I wear"? She cried into the phone.
"Huh" came the sleepy, grumpy, confused answer.
"I'm going to diner, with "the guys", what do I wear?"
In her excitement Sang forgot while she may have time off due to her meddling friend/mama, Marsha didn't and she just woke her up from a much needed sleep.
"You do know I was sleeping right!" Came the terse reply.
"Oops! Sorry! But what do I wear?"
"What do I always tell you grasshopper? You cannot be wrong with a...."
"Little black dress.." Both of them finished at the same time.
"Thanks Marsha! Love you! Go back to sleep".
"Have fun and accessorize. And call me with details" Marsha hung up.
These last five years she was lucky enough to have people like Marsha and few others to develop friendships with. She met them in Med school. Being the youngest of the group she was taken under their wings and shown the ropes of the world from different perspective. Mercy filled the void left by family but these girls were the first true friends she had. And she was grateful for them.
********************************
The academy taught them to attack a problem from all sides until a solution can be found. The team after much discussion through out the day reached the conclusion that for them to solve this situation they have to find the cause, eliminate it, come up with a new option and execute said option. With that in mind they set out to complete their mission.
Operation Sang is in motion.
In the morning Gabriel, Sean and Silas went to Sang's because she seems most comfortable with the them. Owen, Kota, Nathan and Victor decided to finish their job. Most important being on the Good side with Danny. They went to the police station and turned everything Luke collected on the investigation to Danny. This was not going to sit well with the other academy team but Owen, for once decided to ignore the academy. Besides they had a feeling the Reyes team was hiding some facts from them and it wouldn't be a good idea to be involved any more.
Owen also needed to have Kota and Nathan come to terms with their own issues concerning Sang. Victor left them for a while telling him he had to take care of something.
Owen, Kota and Nathan went to a small cafe for lunch. After some time in silence Owen started to talk.
"Some of your brothers have strong feelings where Sang is concerned. Luke and North both expressed their desire to stay here if necessary to be close to her. Victor, Gabriel and Silas might follow suit or not but they would want to form a relationship with her. What kind.... Would be up to her. I've always tried to do what is best for all of you, you are adults now. It's not necessary to have a consensus  for everything. It's important to be brothers, friends. Even when you might not agree on everything."
Both Kota and Nathan sat there looking at him stunned. Of all things they thought he would say this was not it. Owen always put the team first. Emphasizing on team agreement without question.
But this was not something they expected.
"So what you are saying is you are willing to break the team because of Sang" Nathan half screamed to Them.
"I don't think that's what I said. We will still be a team. We will still be brothers. But it's also important to respect individual wishes. What was working when all of you were minors is not going to work now." Owen tried to keep his voice calm. It was getting harder to be calm with Nathan lately.
"I don't get you or the others! They are all acting like she is the only girl alive. She left us. So what she is here now. She is a doctor, she fixed Luke like any other Doctor. Now we take Luke and we leave. We were fine without her. Now she expects us be her lapdogs again".
It took every bit of control Owen had for him to not get up and kick Nathan. "I don't believe Ms. Soren expressed any such desire. In fact she is perplexed herself with Luke and North's actions. What do you think Mr. Lee?"
"I think we should find out what Sang wants first. It's been a while since she was with us and she established a life here for herself. She might not even want to continue our friendship anymore." Kota answered Owen. "You are right any decision we make we should also make individually rather than as a team."
Owen looked at both of them and looked towards the door to see Victor walk in. They had texted him the cafe's location.
"This city is vicious"! Huffed Victor "as soon as he guessed I was on a time limit he started to raise his prices".
The others looked at him in confusion, except Owen.
"What are you talking about"? Asked Nathan.
"Victor went to see about a house. If staying here for a longer time is a possibility then I would rather stay in our own place than a hotel".
"So you've made a decision for us to stay here" commented Kota.
"She is getting to us again! I knew running into her was a bad thing!" Nathan was his usual surly self.
"Calm down Nathan. I haven't made any decision regarding the team. I'll leave this up to individual decision. There is also the matter of Sang's personal choice of being involved with us again. Victor and I were looking at possibilities."
They all sat there finishing their lunch. Each lost in their own thoughts.
When they all arrived at Sang's house it was only to find the others there. No Sang.
"I'm going to ask her to dinner" Gabriel announced. Daring anyone to say anything.
"Good idea Gabriel. Would you be ok if all of us go together"? Owen asked, an idea forming in his head.
When Sang came back he asked her and agreed to meet her at the restaurant around 7 pm.
********************************
Sang got to the restaurant a little late, and made sure the boys were there before she went in. She didn't want to be the one waiting and a little part of her wanted to enjoy the guys expression when she walked in.
She followed the hostess to the table. As she neared the table she could feel their eyes on her. While she was still as tiny as before, she made up for it by wearing sky high heels as much as she can. Today she went with her "Dorothy" shoes. Red. It was a contrast with the Black off the shoulder dress she was wearing but she wanted feel daring. And from the way the guys were staring open mouthed she knew she accomplished her goal.
"Hello. I am not too late am I?" She said as she sat down on the chair Victor pulled out for her.
"You look yummy cupcake" Luke said. Earning a smack from both North and Silas.
Sang laughed. She missed seeing them interact with each other. "Thank you Luke."
"You are stunning, princess".
"You are beautiful, baby".
"Perfect, Aggele".
"Beautiful baby".
She enjoyed the compliments. They knew her when she was a lost little girl. It made her proud to show them that she grew in many ways.
"Did you order anything?" She asked.
"No we were waiting for you."
They waved the waiter over and placed order for appetizers and drinks.
Sang ordered her favorite. Calamari. She asked for water. When she found everyone looking at her she said "I will drive home after dinner. I see the after effects of drunk driving far too often".
Every one nodded their head in agreement.
They found talking about different thing throughout dinner. About their work, her work. Luke wanted to know what funny things she had seen over the years.
Half way through Silas asked "Aggele, there is a picture of Victor in your house taken at a concert that he did after you left. There's also some pictures of the ours that's taken after you left. How did you get them"?
Sang sat quiet while all of them looked ate her expectantly.
She took a sip of water, trying to find the words to answer them. "Some of them I took and a few others took for me".
"What others"? Asked Sean.
"Marie, Derek....Erica". Mumbled Sang.
"Marie"!
"Derek"!
"My mom" the last was Kota.
"Yeah.... I've been in touch with her. She sends me news of you, talk about Jessica. Jess came here with her friends last year remember." Sang told him, squirming a little.
"What about Marie"? Nathan spit out, " I thought she was your mortal enemy".
"Nothing is simply black and white Nathan, you should know that". Sang replied calmly. "Marie and I have an understanding. We chose to be family".
Every one sat in quiet for a while. Finally Silas spoke up.  "It's great Aggele, if you have the chance to mend fences in family, you should take it".
"Which ones did you take yourself Sang"?   Owen asked quietly.
Sang started telling them about the time she was close enough to touch them, but they didn't know.
********************************
A colleague at the hospital gave sang the ticket to the veterans affairs gala in Houston. He was a veteran himself having served in Iraq as a doctor with the military. He found out Sang loved the key musician playing and gifted Sang the ticket. Sang was excited to hear him play before an audience. She only had the chance to see him like this once, even then it was from the back stage.
The light dimmed leaving only the center stage lit. Inside the circle sat a piano and its musician. He took Sang's breath away. She wasn't paying attention to what he was playing, she was lost in him. He did look like the prince.  Loud applause brought Sang back to reality. Realized his piece was finished. Then he started playing again. Their piece. Winter.
After the concert sang waited until the crowd thinned. Some of the ticket holders will attend dinner but Sang is not one of them. When she was coming out there was a crowd near the exit. "Mr. Morgan"! A voice shouted amongst camera flashes.
Sang took her little Nikon and took her chance when he turned around. Her prince was as handsome as ever. His eyes still had fire burning in them. She almost reached out to touch him, call him. But from behind came a tall dark haired beauty. Giving him a kiss on the lips and whispering in his ear. Sang moved behind the throng of photographers and towards the exit.
********************************
It was a bright and sunny day in Charleston...... It would start something like that. Erica send her the invitation to Kota's graduation ceremony as soon as she got them. If she was still living with them this would've been her graduation too. Sang got to Charleston the day before and called Erica to let her know. Erica managed to get a ticket apart from the family so Sang wouldn't have to sit with them and be found out.
She walked into the podium behind everyone. She saw Erica wave at her and waved back then ducked down before anyone saw her.  She saw all of them walk in to the stage. Receive their diploma and was proud of them.
After she returned to the hotel she called Erica and thanked her for the ticket. And the pictures of others Erica took for her. She slipped out of Charleston just as quietly she came.
********************************
She asked Marie to get her some pictures of the boys. Marie was reluctant at first but then she took her time took some of the most beautiful pictures. Silas on his boat, Nathan in the pool, Luke at the beach. She loved them. Marie just shook her head at Sang. Marie came to visit her every once in a while. So does Derek and his girlfriend. She saw Gabriel and Sean at one of her visits to Charleston. She was on a dinner with them. And Gabriel and Sean walked in with their dates. Sang was very careful not to let any one recognize her. It hurt to see them so close and not talk to them. It was a decision she made.
********************************
The boys listened to her quietly. Dinner was finished.
"Ms...Sang, can we continue this at your home. We would like to talk a little more."
"Ok. Luke and North is going back there anyway...that is if you would still like to stay there..." Sang asked them.
"I'm not going any where cupcake, neither is he" Luke said pointing at his brother.
They all waited until Sang got in her car then followed her with their own. They drove towards her house each lost in their own thought.
"She was there to listen to me play for her" Victor thought. "I wish I had seen her".
"I can't believe my mom knew where she was. Kept in touch with her, has regular conversation with her and I knew nothing" Kota thought miserably.
"Doc and his nurses, I knew they would get me in trouble one day! Now trouble thinks I dated those floozies" Gabriel glared at that thought.
"She had Marie take my picture....she didn't forget I love boats" Silas was happy.
North and Luke thought the same thing and hoped the same with Silas and the three of them looked at each other with new hope.
"Sang didn't say anything about me" Nathan was confused. He didn't know why Sang seemed so distant to him. She was avoiding him, almost angry at him.
Owen didn't know what to make of this. She kept tabs on them. She knew a lot about them than they did about her. Would she want to be connected with them? If Erica was helping her that means she knew whatever drove Sang away from them. Erica kept it a secret from her son. That is also a new variable he hadn't thought of.
"Don't worry so much Owen. She is our Sang, we will kiss and makeup." Sean told him from the passenger seat.
"You seem to have forgotten that she saw your nurse of the night with you doc" Gabriel said angrily.
"We will talk about all of this later" snapped Owen as he pulled into Sang's driveway. The others pulled in behind him. All of them got out of the car and looked at the house in front of them. Tonight would decide everything for them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Finally I'm able to post a little. The story is going back and forth between times hopefully you will like it. And I hope not to keep you waiting long for the next update.