Game plan

Luke:
It's been two days since I regained consciousness and so far all I got from my friends is that yes, Sang is here. She is a doctor here; imagine that, Sang a doctor! They've talked to her and she seemed friendly. All of them had that little light of hope in their eyes. Kota still wanted to be angry at her for something but stayed quiet with that pinched up look he got these days. Nathan is a different story altogether. We don't know what is going on in his head most of the time.
I finally grabbed North; "you tell me what's going on".
"Baby is here as a doctor, she came by the day before you woke up. We haven't seen her since. Mr. B had Victor looking up information on her."
Okay. That sounds promising. "Did they find anything"?
"They found her address, information on her school, things like that." North said quietly. "Listen, I told them this when I first saw Sang here. I'll leave the team if I need to but I'll stay with Sang. I said you would too."
It surprised me. North lived and breathed the team. But I agreed with him. "Alright little brother. I'm with you".
Mr. B walked in with the rest of the guys. Gabriel looked worn out. "What's wrong with you"? I asked him.
"I'm just tired". He replied. "It's too hot here."
"We need to talk about a course of action." Mr. Blackbourne announced. "We have several issues. Luke isn't cleared to travel yet. The police believed us for the moment but we need to take up the issue of the Reyes team later. We also need to discuss about Ms. Sorenson".
"You mean Soren". Victor replied. "That's her name now. I found out there's been birth certificate and social security card issued with that name a few months after she left us."
"What's there to talk about"? Nathan snarled. "She didn't want us and she left. Why are we talking about her. She is not one of us."
"You fucker. What's wrong with you. You are not even worried about her" Gabriele screamed what we were all thinking.
"Her leaving effected us all, you can't deny that Mr. Griffin. We all loved her in our own way and suffered for it."
I never heard Mr. B say so much about his feeling for Sang before.
"I want my pookie back. If nothing else I'll be her friend. I think I say the same for all of us". Doc spoke softly. His usual flirty tone was gone.
"You didn't say anything Kota, Victor" I asked them. They were the quiet lot. Holding things inside.
"I want another chance with her, even only as a friend". Victor muttered.
"Me too" said Kota.
We all looked at each other and agreed. Siege planned now to find the way in.
"We can all say we are sorry to her" Kota supplied.
"For what"? Gabriel asked. "We don't even know what we did!"
"Flowers! Lots of them".
" kidnap her and take her back to Charlston." That was Silas as he walked in.
The suggestion kept coming in. I kept dreaming about cupcake. I haven't seen her yet. I bet she is as sweet as candy.
"For a bunch of super secret agents you guys are surprisingly dumb"
When we looked over it was the nurse we often see on this floor. Her name tag said Mercy.
"Can we help you"? Mr. B's frosty voice was back.
"You guys are planning a mission, Not winning a girl". She said as she came in and checked all the equipments connected to me.
"I've known Sang for a long time, you guys need to be honest with her."
"We've never lied to her". Kota replied.
"You boys knew her for a year and I have her as my daughter for five years. She told me everything. Be honest with her and listen to her." She turned towards them. "Ask her why she left".
We looked at each other stunned. "What if she has people she loves here. A family!" Gabriel was the first to voice.
"Not my agelle mou. She can't leave us" Silas spoke quietly.
"She already did Silas" Kota replied.
I looked at North. My brother was looking at me with resolve in his eyes. I felt the same.
"It's late. Let's all of us go back to the hotel and we will talk tomorrow again". Mr. Blackbourne ushered everyone out. North was the last to leave.
How does she look now North? I asked.
"More beautiful than before" he answered as he walked out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was probably past midnight when I woke to a touch. It was nurse Mercy. She was checking the readings again.
"What do you think we should do about Sang"? I asked.
She looked at me surprised. Then she smiled; "war is often won by surprise".
"Hmm. I don't know where my cupcake is".
"Well... She worked three days in the E.R. so she has the next two days off. She will stay home....on Virginia Avenue.....2170....for the next two days". She looked at her watch. "I think it's lunch time for me".
"Why are you helping us"?
She smiled at me. The kind I saw mothers give their children..."I love that girl. And for all of you faults she loves all of you. She deserves to be happy Lucien".
I waited until she was gone. She took out all the needles for me. I put on the clothes North put in the closet. It was hard to do being barely able to stand. Good thing the knee wasn't broken. I jumped when the door opened.
"I forgot about your leg." Mercy whispered. "Got you crutches". She handed me the crutches and money.
I smiled. In my rush to break out of prison I forgot how am I going to get there.
It wasn't hard to get out of the hospital. If you pretend you know what you are doing people generally leave you alone.
It took about fifteen minutes to get where I wanted to go. I could imagine the look on the guys faces when they find me gone but I need to get my forever.
I knocked a few times before I could hear her. "Oh! For the love of God! What now!" She opened the door, half asleep.
"Hi cupcake"!