One step at a time.

Sang's small living room looked full with all the guys there. Sang was sitting on the love seat with Luke's head on her lap. Winnie claiming his space at her feet, North sitting on the ledge next to Sang and Silas on the floor next to Luke.
Sean, Gabriel and Victor sat together leaving Kota and Nathan on the chairs and Owen by himself. It's as if the room was divided into two.
"We would like to talk to you about something" started Owen.
Sang waited for the rest of it. After the dinner they had she assumed they would have a lot of questions.
"Why did you come to my graduation sang"? Asked Kota all of a sudden. " I didn't know you kept in touch with my mom or Jessica. But you did. You came to my graduation, why"?
Sang didn't know what to tell him. So she told the truth. "You are my friend. My first friend. I couldn't have this life today if it wasn't for you. I left Charleston but that doesn't mean I stopped considering you...any of you my friend. I left angry, sad and disappointed but you still have a place in my heart. I just wanted to be there to see you and cheer for you."
Sang's admission left everyone quiet. They didn't think she still cared. She still held the in her heart. Luke turned his face and planted his lips on her thigh. North  just tightened his hold on her shoulder.
Owen looked at all of them, tried to guess their reaction to her words. He caught Kota looking at him and giving him a slight nod. He cleared his throat..."Sang......we decided...no we would like to stay in Texas for a while. It's been five years since you've moved here and we had no contact with you. Like you said that you haven't stopped considering us as a friend, we would like to continue this. As you can see some of us are a little more adamant than others but we don't want to force you. So I'm asking you if that's alright with you".
Sang was shocked. Of all things she didn't expect this. She never thought they would be willing to stay in Texas. She was prepared to ward off any suggestions of her going to Charleston but this was a surprise. She looked around the room. Sean and Gabriel looked at her expectantly. Victor's face was more closed but Sang thought she saw the tiny glimmer of fire in there. Kota and Nathan she chose to ignore for the time being.
"Why"? She asked looking at Owen.
"What do you mean"? Owen said.
"I mean why? Why do you want to stay here? Why do you want to continue a relationship with me? I am of no use to the academy anymore. I left you. The family. So why."
"I told you, we care about you. We want to get to know you again. This is a good solution for all of us".
Sang looked at him, at all of them. She hung her head.
"You are just full of shit, aren't you Owen Blackbourne. You can never tell the outright truth. You kept telling me to trust you but never really told me anything except half truths. If I am going to agree with anything you say, then you will tell me the honest truth. No going round and round. No half truth, no hiding things Sang doesn't need to know. You don't have to stay here to continue our new found friendship. There is all kinds of technology to let you do just that, the first one being a phone. So you answer my question honestly Owen Blackbourne; why?"
Everyone was stunned at her outburst. She had never blown up at them before like this. Especially not at Owen. Owen looked at her quietly. His face unreadable as ever.
"Ok." He finally said. "When you left we all had strong feelings about you and your abrupt vanishing left those feelings unresolved. Some of our feelings were stronger and still exists. We want to see if you feel the same way".
Sang knew this is as close to opening up he would get from him.
"Thank you for telling me. It's not up to me to decide whether or not you, any of you stay in Texas. That is your decision. As a team or individually. If you stay and want a relationship with me there will be no hiding things. Complete honesty. I have my share of issues and I will deal with them. I am not ready to discuss why I left. When I am ready I'll tell you."
"Thank you."
Sang got up and went to the kitchen. She was as holding on to the table top lost in her thought when a arm went around her. Breathing in berries sang realized it was Victor.
"Thank you princess, for giving us a second chance". He whispered.
Sang turned around and looked at him, glad to see the fire back in his eyes. Almost. She smiled. She missed this, hugging them without a conscious thought. Being held by them without any strings. She was glad that they took the first step. She returned to the living room.
"So.... Where are you all going to stay"? Se asked.
"Don't worry Pookie. Victor rented a house for us". Sean spoke up. "It's close to you. Danny told us about it."
"I bet he did" Sang muttered. "I'm going to walk Winnie. If you guys are going to stay a while be comfortable". After I have a talk with Danny, she thought.
When she came back it was only North and Luke in the house. The others left. She took a sower and changed into her sleeping clothes before she returned to the living room.
"Do you want us to leave"? North asked.
"What?" Sang was a little slow in getting the question.
"When they move into the house... Do you want us to leave"?
"Do you want to"? Sang asked hoping the answer would be no.
"I'm not leaving". Luke answered.
"You can't force her to let you stay here". North told him.
"I'm not forcing her! Am I Sang? I'm just saying I'm not leaving".
"She didn't say she wanted us to stay" North yelled at Luke.
"Stop"! Sang said loudly. "You two can stay here. If I want you to leave, I'll tell you".
When she looked at Luke he had a little smirk at his face. He nodded his head at her. "I'm going to bed. Too much excitement today". He said getting up.
Sang followed him to the bedroom. Helping him on the bed. He was almost healed but she didn't want to push their luck.
"Thank you Sang." Luke said quietly.
When Sang looked at him questioning, "for bringing North back to his old self. He was lost somewhere. Part of it is my fault, but I would've done anything to hear him yelling again.
Sang remembered a conversation long ago. North yells because he cares. He shuts everyone out when he doesn't. She didn't hear him raise his voice once since he got here. What does that mean.
She was still thinking when she drifted off to sleep. The bed dipping to the side woke her up. Strong smell of musk drifted to her.
"North"?
"Sorry baby, didn't mean to wake you up"! He got up to leave.
"No stay". Sang moved to make space for him. As he laid down next to her she remembered what she was thinking about when she went to sleep.
"North Star" she said quietly. "Do you still like me"?
"Yes! Do you"? North answered.
"Yes". Sang said whispering. "Are you still angry at me for leaving"?
"No".
"Yes you are. You have to be angry" Sang said into his chest.
"I'm not angry". North answered her with a little growl.
"Then why aren't you yelling"?
North looked at her like she was crazy. "You want me to yell at you"?
"Yes!" Sang sat up on the bed and turned on the bedside light. "You yell! That's what you do. Gabriel curses, Kota counts, Silas hugs and you yell! If you don't yell that means you don't love me anymore". Sang was yelling at this point.
North just looked at her and...."of course I love you! Why would you think that. I'll love you even if you don't want me anymore" he growled out.
Sang could feel the smile spreading on her face. "Ok" she said. Turning off the light she laid back down. North did the same and pulled her close to him. "Go to sleep" he said giving her a kiss on the head.
Some time during the night she smelled Luke's vanilla smell next to her, wrapping his arms around her. Good thing she had a big bed.
********************************
The next few days were everyone trying to find their sync. The guys were moving into the house. Sang was calling the hospital to see her status. She would be finishing her studies soon. Then she would have to start looking for a new place to work. Every one was trying very hard to be......friendly.
Sang felt she was looking at different people when dealing with the boys. Only Luke and North seemed to back to their old selfs. She wanted them to be back to being normal, not be like the awkward guest, but it was taking its time. So on a whim she suggested that they all spend the day together. Marcie had a cabin with all modern facilities and barbecue area. So on a Saturday they all piled up in their cars and headed there.  Hopefully this weekend will bring some togetherness between them.
********************************
I tried.... I really did. But this is the farthest I could go. I'm trying to give up the reason for this mess (sang leaving) in the next chapter....so fingers crossed.