Jail bird

"So, how long have you known Sang?" Asked Sean.
"Five years." Mercy answered. They were all sitting at the dinner table. Sang was trying her best to appear invisible. Hard to do with nine guys making you the center of their attention.  Though Mercy had their ears now.
"I met her... Actually my husband met her first. At the police station. She was arrested for assaulting a officer ." Mercy told them gleefully.
The reaction around the table was priceless. Everyone's jaws dropped.
"Sang! Arrested!" Victor exclaimed.
"Pookie hit a police officer!" That was Sean.
"Trouble.... I named her right" muttered Gabriel only to get smacked in the head by North.
"Perhaps you could tell us the story" said Owen in his calmest voice.
Sang looked at him and was surprised to see laughter in his eyes.
"Well..." Mercy started. She never got tired of telling this story. "Anthony was in charge of the station at that time. He came out to see this tiny, skinny little girl being held in place barely by Danny, an officer then, and constantly being hit by her fists, purse, and a hair brush. She was also threatening them with very inventive ways of costing their manhood. Anthony finally stepped in and took a hold of her and was able to calm her down. Then the whole story came out. Sang, the tiny one, was walking when a guy tried to rob her. Apparently she already had a bad day and was already angry. So instead of giving up her purse, she started hitting the guy with it. Danny and his partner was nearby and went to see what was going on and found Sang beating the man with her hairbrush and yelling something about men always thinking they can get away by doing anything to her. Instead of helping Sang they had to drag her away from the robber and that's when she turned on them."
Mercy was having more fun telling the story than Sang listening to it. Though she had to say she was proud of that moment.
"What happened after" asked Kota. All of them stopped to listen. This was right after Sang left Charleston. The changes in Sang was surprising to them.
"Well.... Sang was pretty mad at them for stopping her from getting at the robber. And Danny and his partner were trying to arrest her for hitting them. That's when it got interesting. Sang kicked Danny's partner in the you know where and while he was down she started chasing Danny with her purse and hair brush and yelling at him. She was still going on when they got to the station and Anthony stepped in and was able to calm her down. Even now he is the only one that can calm her down."
"Assaulting a officer is a serious thing. How did she get out of a charge?" Nathan asked.
"Anthony worked it out with every one and brought Sang home for dinner." Mercy smiled remembering.
The boys had a hard time imagining Sang doing any of those things. Their Sang always suffered in silence. They were confused. What happened to change that. Everyone was done with dinner and Sang offered to do the dishes. She didn't want to be there when they ask questions about her life.
Mercy moved everyone to the living room and told Luke to lie down again.
"When I saw Sang I couldn't imagine this little girl could do all of that." Mercy continued. "She was shy, quiet and looked so lost. My heart melted the moment I saw her. I told her my house would always be open for her. Anthony was already taken with her and Danny and my other boys thought of her as their princess to protect."
Mercy looked towards the kitchen where Sang was. She hoped her little girl would be able to work things out with these boys.
"This area here, most of the houses are owned by police officers, retired officers. When this house went on the market Sang talked to us about buying it and we helped her through the process. I live around the corner and Danny a few houses down. She is a daughter to me and Anthony. Over time she told us all about her life. About her father, step mother. About her life with you boys. She didn't hide anything from us."
After Mercy was done this guys say there thinking. They were happy that Sang had someone to look after her. And Mercy did more than that. Mercy became her family, something Sang needed.
Sang walked in with coffee for every one. And sat down next to Luke.
"You need to take you meds" she told him quietly. Getting out of the bottle and handing them to him.
She still cares" Owen thought looking at her. "We still have a chance. He turned around to see Mercy looking at him with a little smile.
"How did you end up on medical school Sang?" Asked Kota.
"Agelle Mou is smart" Silas said.
"I know she is, what I meant was why medicine, why Texas"?
Sang looked at Mercy before she answered them. "I finished high school as a home school student and received my Diploma. This program was suggested by a friend and it requires a test to get in. I took it and scored high enough to get a scholarship."
"It's late sang. I need to leave." Mercy announced. "Sang be nice to them. And I'll see you later." She towards the door. At the last moment Mercy turned around and said " Sang, I forgot. Anthony is going to be home in two more Idays. The boys can see him then." And walked out leaving a bad cliff hanger behind.
"Well Sang we need to leave for the
Hotel too" Owen said.
Sang was determined to call him Owen. She would throw everything academy away. "Luke can stay here. It's risky to move him". She told them. North looked at her and she couldn't refuse. "North can too". She could see the others were.....deflated. But she can only take them in small doses after all this time.