Dreamer

Luke
I felt the bullets hit me like bricks. One after another. Three times. Felt myself fall and hit the pavement. All I could think was I wouldn't get to see cupcake again as I closed my eyes, feeling myself drift away.
The sound of sirens blaring and men talking woke me.....
"He is bleeding out"....." How long till the hospital"..... "Pressure is going down"....
Let me go back to sleep.
I heard the voices again....l
I opened my eyes... Someone bend over me... An angel?.... Halo around the face..."Luke...it can't be"!
Sang! It was Sang...my baby! I have to wake up. I have to talk to her... I couldn't open my eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I heard the rhythmic beeps around me. But it was as if the sound was coming through a cloud, hazy.
Next time I was aware of a soft hand touching me... A caring hand. "What did you do to yourself Luke? Why weren't you careful?"
It was my Forever... She was here...was I dreaming?
"Is he okay?" I heard my brother ask.
My little brother. Always taking care of me. Made it his mission since he came into my life. I looked after him my own way. I had uncle growing up, he had it worse. After he came to live with us I made it my mission to make him happy. I saw him truly happy when Sang came into our lives. He became more open.  I was happy, for him and me. We would be a family.
Sang left! One day she just left! I don't know why. I looked. Please Sang! Come back!Everything will be fine. I won't let them take her away again".
"Luke, baby is here. Wake up brother. You'll see her again."
I heard the pain in my brother's voice.
"I knew he shouldn't have gone for this job...." Kota! He turned in to a tyrant. No! Worse than that....whatever that is. I know what he is doing though, he is hiding himself behind his need for perfection. If he pretends hard enough everything will be perfect again.
All of them came... All my family. My brothers are all hurting and coping their own way. How one little girl could affect nine boys.
"Hello Luke! Funny talking to you this way. How have you been? What happened to all of you Luke?" I heard my cupcake. She still cares, she still loves us.
I dreamed....about my girl, about the family I pictured....about love. I would wake up. For her.
"Luke.... I hope you are up soon. Don't take this as a chance to be lazy.  Sorry, I didn't mean that. That's all I've been doing these days. Making mistakes. I should've seen that you weren't ready for this job. I should've taken more care. I am not being a good leader like you guys need. Sang is here Luke! She'll listen to you, love you. You can make her love us again." Is that Kota!? Didn't know he had that in him.
Time passes very slowly when you are in a hospital bed doesn't it! I hadn't heard Sang's voice again.....was it my wishful thinking that had me hearing her?
"What were you doing you shithead?" This had to be Gabriel. "You are covering every accidents in the book. Bike crash, bar fight.... C'mon Luke. What the hell are you doing?"
"Wake up Brother"..Silas's voice Floated in my ear. He is been my brother since I met him. "North needs you. He needs his brother."
I wish I could tell them something....like how I wish I didn't have to wake up. I've been trying to punish myself. If I'm punished enough maybe Sang will come back. I don't even want to be with the team anymore.... Only for North I'm here. He is the only one that matters now. I'm tired of pretending to be okay, pretending everything is alright. I just want to sleep now.
"What if I loose him too".. North's soft question came to me. Who is he talking too. I wanted to tell him it'll be okay. You'll be fine brother. You have Silas and Gabriel, they'll be with you.
"You won't. I promise." SANG! It was my cupcake, my forever. She was really here. ...."make you eat chocolate just out of spite." She laughed. He'll eat chocolate with everything if it'll make you laugh baby girl.
I heard her leave. "Wait"... I wanted to scream, "come back, laugh again.."
"I hope you guys love her as much as she loves you. My girls been waiting for a long time Lucien Taylor. I hope you all don't break her heart again." A woman whispered. Who's this? What is she talking about.
"C'mon Luke, get up already. The doc said you should be up now. I'll even get you chocolate covered sugar drops...."
"What kind" I asked. Didn't think they'd hear me.
"LUKE"! North screamed. "Luke"...
"Slowly Brother" I said as he hugged me tight. You promised me candy. So where are they. The others ran into the room. All talking at the same time. The nurse and the doctor with them telling them to go outside. North as usual was like the non movable mountain. He stayed.
The first question I asked him was "where is Sang.... Is she really here?"
"Yes!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the doctors were done, they all came back in. I had to stay here until I was more healed.
"First we have to talk about the job, before the police gets here".
Mr. B was always practical. But I got him. We needed to get our cover story right and there was a lot they needed to know.
"We told them you were on vacation" said Kota. "What happened, how did you end up getting shot?"
"I don't know. I was supposed to try and find out about the drugs being supplied on campus. I was close. It seemed there was two groups. Then I was shot on my way to the club".
That's what we will tell the police, you were on your way to a club".
It was like ignoring the big.... What was it Rhino or something big... In the room.
"Was it Sang I saw"? I blurted.
The shock on my friends faces was great. "How did you.,.,," the all started.
"Yes it was Mr. Taylor. We will talk after you have some rest." Mr. B said ushering everyone out.
"So you are up"... A nurse walked in. She checked the machines connected to me. "So you are one of the boys that broke my girl's heart." She spoke softly. Do I know her? "Do you love her?" She asked."
"Who?"
"Sang" nothing prepared me for that. How does she know Sang?
"Yes! More than life" I answered.
"Then go after her".
She walked out leaving me confused and sleepy.