Hell has no fury

The ride to the hospital was nerve wracking for Sang. Anthony and Michael had told her over and over again Danny was alright but she was still scared. It was just her in the car with them. Anthony told the boys to stay home.

"This is not the right time for you guys to be in the hospital" Anthony told them, "it's full of officers and some of them knows Luke is involved in the case."

"Why do you think it was me they meant in the warning, Daddy?" Sang asked Anthony.

"I didn't want to go into detail in front of those guys. There was more to the threat than meets the eye" Anthony answered. "It was a note the shooters threw towards Danny. It said 'tell the doc to keep away from the Academy. She won't be safe forever'. Someone told them about you and your involvement with them".

Sang sat quietly for the rest of the ride.

"I can't lose my family" she thought. An arm wrapped around her.

"Stop worrying so much" Michael whispered "Danny is okay and they will get those guys. We will keep you safe".

Sang leaned into him. He sometime reminded her of North. Hard and soft at the same time.

Reaching the hospital Sang jumped out of the car before it could stop and ran inside. It wasn't hard to find where Danny was. All she had to do was follow the crowd of uniform. Rushing into the room she saw Mercy standing over Danny looking furious. Turning around she looked at Sang and moved away from the bed to reveal a disgruntled Danny.

"Thank god you're here!" mother and son both exclaimed at the same time.
"Tell her I'm fine" Danny said.
"Tell him he needs to stay in bed" said Mercy.

"I'm not on duty now" Sang declared walking towards Danny's bed. She started her inventory. Head, shoulder, arms, chest, stomach, legs....no blood. Nothing broken.

"Baby girl" Danny whispered, "look at me, I'm fine. I had a vest on."

Sang hugged him and held onto him like her life depended on it. She didn't want them hurt. Danny was her big brother. He stayed up with her when she had nightmares. Anthony gave her rides on his bike. Michael made sure she had a safe ride home when she worked late. She couldn't imagine her life without them.

After a while everyone left the room for the big guys in the Police department to talk to Danny and Anthony. Sang was getting a coffee from the nurses' station when she felt someone touch her elbow. Turning around she saw it was Danny's partner.

"I need to talk to you..." Meyers murmured in her ear while hugging her.
"I have someone you need to talk to. There are some things that you should know."

Sang was surprised. While she was friendly with Meyers as Danny's partner, she couldn't think of anything he would have to tell her. She followed him towards the door.

"This is detective Reynolds." Meyers introduced Sang to a man waiting for them.

"He was just promoted a few days ago and he was assigned to Danny and me for training. You need to hear what he has to say."  Meyers sounded grave.

Sang was dreading what was coming. This situation reminded her of Ashley Waters for some reason. All those things she found out about the boys from Derek and Volto. Was the boys involved in Danny's shooting somehow?

"I've heard about Danny's sister from all the guys. Didn't know it would be you!" Sam remarked.

"What do you mean?" Sang asked, wondering where this was leading.

"I mean that Danny's sister would turn out to be the Blackbourne team bird" Sam replied.   

Sang was stunned. She wasn't expecting him to say this. She looked at Meyers to see him nod.