Food and memories.

Sang
I've been avoiding the boys after my little confrontation with Kota. I switched shifts with another doctor and have been covering the emergency room for longer hours. I guess I'm being a coward but I'm really not up to any more tantrums.
What happened to them? They should've been happy and relieved. More together. I was the one burden they had, with me out of the way they should've been fine.
They should've been happy. They look lost. Maybe it's my wishful thinking that makes me believe that. I don't blame Kota for lashing out, his friend is hurt.
This was a long day so went to the diner across the street. Didn't feel like going home and making anything. I love my little house, it's perfect. It's the first thing I could call mine.  I had fund setting up my house. I wished the boys were here to see it.
When I walked into the diner it was full with diner crowd. I looked around for a place to sit.
" The usual Dr. Soren"? Asked the waitress.
"Yes" I replied still looking for a space. At the last booth I saw the guys. My eyes met Dr. Sean's.
"Sang" he called across the diner.
"Go ahead Dr. Soren, I'll bring your food there."
I hesitated but someone had to start this conversation and I was supposed to be mature now. Besides I was hungry and there were no place sit.
"Hello". I said as I sat down. As greetings go I thought I did good.
"Hi" various mutters took place.
"So.....you are a doctor... I guess no more nurse Pookie." Dr. Sean said into the quiet.
Before I could say anything one of the waitress brought a tray "here is your food guys. Dr. Soren your order is coming up".
"Dr. Soren"? Asked Gabriel. "That's your name now"?
"Yes. I chose that when I applied for my Birth certificate and other documents. I didn't want to be connected to my father anymore."
The boys nodded. They understood the need to separate yourself from your parents. We were connected that way.
"So what have you been doing all this time Sang?" Victor asked this time. The fire I am used to seeing in his eyes were gone. I would hate myself if I was the cause of it.
"I came here, got myself into college, in a accelerated program to medical school, became a doctor. I'm almost finished with my Degree. I'll able to start practicing soon. What about you guys"? I ran through the summery of my life in one breath like a race. I was nervous. I bit on to my burger when it got there. Something to stop them from asking questions.
I looked around and finally paid attention. "Where is North and Mr. Blackbourne?" I asked.
"North refuses to leave Luke and Mr. B is talking to the academy and staying with North" answered Silas.
He was looking at me the same way he used to five years ago. I forgot how it felt. These boys will be my downfall.
"Sang"! A voice called. I looked up to see Danny, " what are you doing here? You working tonight?"
I grimaced. This will be fun.
"No. I finished my shift. Guys you remember detective Rodriguez don't you."
"Hi" the guys murmured, not with much enthusiasm.
"What are doing with them Sang? Mom know you are here?" Danny growled. What is it with the men in my life! Always growling.
"Danny, I'm eating dinner. After this I'll go home. Bye Danny."
After he left I was destroying my fries when I looked around to see all the guys staring at me.
"What"!
"So he is you boyfriend"? Nathan snapped.
I took a deep breath. Why does he thinks he can question me like this. I know all that he was doing rather who he was doing for the last five years thanks to Marie and Derrek.
"No. He is more like a brother. His mother is Mercy, the Nurse on Luke's floor. They are my family".
I was done so when the waitress came I asked for two chicken salad to go with bottled water. And the bill for my dinner.
Victor took out his card to pay their bill. And asked the waitress to add my bill to theirs.
"Thank you victor, I may not have a black card but I can afford my own dinner." I was a bit mean but his actions made me remember  one of reasons I left.
I walked out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked out of the elevator on Luke's floor. Plans of going home to sleep was forgotten for the moment.  When I walked into Luke's room my heart broke at the site in front of me. North was sitting next to the bed with head down holding onto Luke's hand as if he was afraid to let go.
"North".
He looked up and I broke even more. My North Star was crying. He was my protector, the strongest man I knew, and he was crying.
"What if I loose him too" he asked.
I went to him and wrapped my arms around him like he had done many times, Chased my nightmares away.
"You won't. I won't let you. I promise". I whispered.
"I brought you dinner. Come eat. You know Luke when he wakes up he will make you eat chocolate just out of spite. Come eat."
I sat there and looked at him while he ate. What happened North Star? How did you all become like this? I left so all of you stay together, stay strong. So what happened.
"You need to sleep. I know all of you have hotel rooms."
"I want to be here when he wakes up" North argued.
Finally I managed to get him a bed in the room so he could rest.
I walked out to see Mr. Blackbourne standing outside.
"I left dinner for you too."
"Still taking care of us Ms. Sorenson."
"Sang or Dr. Soren.. And some habit die hard."
I finally left for home. My boys are fed, North is resting, Mr. B looks handsome. My job is done. Now I need my sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I wanted to keep some of the old Sang. A confident Sang but also one who is still caring of the boys. This Sang was a girl in her 20's. I was a serious 20 something and my kids are younger. So tell me how is this.