Chapter 21: Almost

Chapter 21: Almost paradise

When Donnelley's group converged at Jackie's, he called up Q.

"Hey Q! I know this is a short notice... but I reserved dinner for four here at Jackie's. If you're not doing anything tonight and you want some company, please drop by. I'm here at 14 College St. close to U of T. I hope you can come buddy! Thanks."

"So?"

"I' talked to his voicemail honey! Hahahah!"

"Gosh...I thought...You're crazy!"

"That's why you love me baby!"

They spent the few minutes just talking... and then the phone rang.

"Yup... Donnelly here!"

"Hey, what's up?"

"You're not yet late...come now!"

Kerr heard a familiar voice in the background...the pitch...intonation...the musicality of it.

 ELLE!  He felt his heartbeat beating so fast that  his heart seemed to jump out of his chest. He can hear Donnelly but Kerr is just too distracted to respond. Is he hearing voices that don't exist?

"Q, are you still there?"

Kerr's mind is racing. This voice... he hasn't heard it for years... and he doesn't want it to end. It doesn't matter if his mind is just playing tricks on him. He doesn't care. Then it just stopped.

"Hello? Q, are you still there?"

A long silence and then...

"Yes, I can hear you Don."

They talked for a few more minutes and then Donnelly returned to their table.

"Where's Jeannie?"

"Where girls go when they're bored,'' Allison responded.

"But we haven't started yet!"

 Writer's Message:

So I guess you have an idea about the identities of Q and Jeannie now.

But does Q know?

Read the next chapter.