Chapter 33: Goodbye

Chapter 33: Goodbye

When Donnelley hang up, Kerr staggered to the nearest couch and slumped there like a rug doll. He couldn't even move his legs as he lost all his strength. He just wanted to stay there and never moved at all. If he does, he felt that he will break like a piece of glass.

When Kerr broke the news to Charlene, Charlene cried for him because she knew he waited for Elle's return all these years. He wanted to make up for his past mistakes and perhaps, be given a second try for her love. Now, she's getting married soon. Did he ever get the chance to tell Elle that he loved her after all these years? She did whisper to Elle that his brother never gave up on his love when they dropped her off in the condo. Did he admit this truth to Elle? Maybe it will make a difference if she played cupid. There's still something there in her eyes that Charlene knew as she was a witness how Elle loved her brother in the past.

"I thought this things only happen in romance novels, when Romeo came too late for Juliet." Charlene knew Kerr's days in Canada is numbered because of Elle's coming wedding and she can't blame him if he decides to leave.

When Kerr told Charlene about his early return to Africa after a few days, Charlene just nodded her head. If leaving her again is the best for him, why will she stop him?

That's when she decided to invite Elle again, to give her brother his last chance to save his love for Elle.

Writer's Message:

Whew! Did you feel that tug in your heart? 

It's Kerr's ballgame. Will he give it a shot?

Stay tuned folks!