Chapter 35: Revelation

Donnelley and Allison were going over the final prep for their  wedding. Donnelley put a question mark on Q's name which puzzled Allison.

'' He's not coming or you forgot to invite him?"

'' I invited him but he said he can't come. Honestly, I was really surprised he refused me. He said he's going back to Africa soon. I sometimes think that he's closing up himself   from the rest of the world. I really don't agree with him anymore. I wish I can tell him to get over it and move on!" Don is obviously annoyed with Q's turning him down.

My God! Up to when will he be waiting for his ex?''

"You know, I'm really intrigued about your friend's love story. I mean, it's been a while eh! Are you sure he's fine?"

"Of course...1000%.''

''So help me understand him because I can't see right now why he's choosing to go back to Africa rather than attend your wedding. What really happened to your friend?"

"He didn't tell me everything but I think he cheated on his girlfriend years ago and  as a consequence, she tried to kill herself. She recovered but she broke up with him. The saddest part was that he realized how deeply he loved her after she left her home. He would camp out of her home waiting for her to come back. But she never did. He went crazy after that. He was drunk all the time and going around the city looking for her like a deranged man. His depression was on and off. He was just a smart man that despite everything that's distracted his life, he still finished school.

So I was not surprised when he accepted that job in Africa. I thought that it will be good for him, to stay away for a while until he  can fully get a grasp on what happened to his life. Then we lost communication. Good thing that one of our buddies saw him one day and that's how we reconnected. Honestly? I think he's still looking for her up to now, maybe not actively searching for her anymore but the thought is still there, after all these years."

Allison wiped away her tears when he finished his story.

''I hope that he finds her again. But if he doesn't, I wish for him to find another woman that will make him happy. But to be able to love someone else, I think he needs to forgive himself for what he did in the past. He suffered long enough and paid his dues already.

"Yeah, that's what I used to say to Quer before but he never listened."

Allison felt a knot in her stomach when he heard him say his friend's name.

"That's his name?" She can feel her heartbeat racing fast. She's disturbed right away after hearing the real name of Don's university buddy.

"Yup. Quer something."

"Half Spanish, half Filipino?"

Donnelley was starting to be puzzled now.

Allison couldn't believe what she heard when Donnelly said" Yes... Querino...Fernandez. Yeah, that's his full name... Querino Fernandez . I call him Q for short.''

Writer's Message:

This reveal will have a great impact in this story. Thank you for continued support!