Chapter 56: The Vow

They all came to witness the happy ending of a lovestory that crossed continents in search of each other. The wedding took place one summer in Misibis Bay, to reunite the hearts of two souls who loved and lost but found each other again despite the tragedy that almost cost them their happy ending. That time is what they only needed to finally realize that love did not fade away but instead, has grown and become more resilient in times of adversities.

When Kerr read his love letter for Elle, there's not a dry eye in the house, as they all listen to his thoughts on their wedding day.

Kerr's letter for Elle:

To Elle, the only one that I love:

I can't tell you how much joy and happiness I have for both of us today, that we will be finally reunited in the eyes of God and men. When we separated years ago, my heart died with it. But God is merciful. He gave me a second chance to be with you. He let me see you when he allowed our paths to cross again. When we got separated again, he let me see you in your dream which made me go back to life.

Thank you Lord for giving me back the woman that I dreamed every day that I wasn't with her. Thank you for giving us families and friends that connected us despite our absence in each other's lives. Because it kept our lives intertwined with each other, the reason why we found each other again.

To you Elle, we will always be together, forever.

Elle's loveletter to Kerr:

I made this letter during our first year anniversary, when I was only seventeen years old. I wasn't able to read this to you because of the circumstances that hurt us both but in the end, made us better persons for the future.

You are my moon in the dark sky,

the smile on my lips when I feel down,

my stars in the darkest of nights,

my sun in the coldest days,

my rain in the driest spell,

my air when I can't breathe,

and my heart that gives me life.

Like you, I am thanking the Lord for paving the road to our forevermore. It was very bumpy which gave us cuts and bruises along the way. But God is love. And He let us find each other when we both are ready to write our own lovestory with a happy ending.

This is our happy ending. I love you Kerr, forever.

The biggest surprise for the newly weds was the attendance of Kuruku who flew all the way from the small village in Africa. The Canadian embassy in Zimbabwe contacted his family in Canada whch was received by Charlene. Kuruku was more encouraged to be present on this special day upon receiving the news of their coming wedding; thus, a Kingali blessing will be fitting as a gift for this occasion.

They were given jars of fireflies which Jaylord tirelessly caught in the early evening of the wedding. After performing a special ritual, Kuruku led the well wishers in releasing the fireflies in the sky which he said " will forever guide them to see their paths in the darkest of nights" so they will always be reminded of what brought them together again.

THE END