5 // Impress

"How 'bout you, Jo?"

Natalie's voice snapped my mind back to reality. The reality which was dazing out in the middle of having lunch in the cafeteria with my dear friends.

I looked up from the table to focus on her puzzled expression, making Kandy and Liana to burst out in laughter beside me.

"Sorry, what were you asking?"

"Pauline's party tonight", she repeats, "Did you think of anything to wear yet?"

Oh, so that's the girl who gave me the invitation

I yawn at the thought, "To be honest, I have no clue at all. I'll just make something up."

"You can wear that red dress you have from H&M that I really love, you know, the one with the open back", Liana suggested.

"Or maybe I can go for comfort-", I was about to make up an excuse for wearing casual clothes, but Kandy fake coughs with a don't-even-start look at me so I sighed in defeat to her controlling power, "Never mind. I actually think that dress won't be too bad to wear."

She smiles and crosses her arms, satisfied.

The three of them carry on discussing who's going to pick up who, and I end up zoning out once again but with the worried thoughts of whether or not I'll still be able to fit into that damn dress.

It's been two years since I've worn it, and I've surely gained a lot of weight since.

Is being curvy even that bad?

I cross my fingers under the table anyways to hoping that at least the zipper will go all the way up.

|

After enduring a week of sitting through the longest classes and being repeatedly bumped into rushing jocks in corridors, I came home with only one thought:

Ignore. Damon.

I briefly talked to mum and Michael as they lay on the couch watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians on TV - such a 'great' show - and walked up the stairs in a manner that made me question my ability to be cast as a zombie in films.

Phone the directors of The Walking Dead -
I'm ready.

I sincerely hoped I wouldn't stumble upon Damon right now. Especially when I knew for 100% sure that he didn't remember anything of what happened last night.

"Yo, Jo."

Yo, no

I see him come out of the steamy bathroom from the corner of my eye, standing in nothing but black boxers and a towel around his neck. Water droplets falling down onto the towel, from the strands of his wet, dark hair and slowly sliding their way down his chest.

"Mm", I hummed, welcoming myself into my room and flinging my bag onto the bed.

I went back to close the door, when Damon was fast enough to open it even wider and use his other hand to lean against the frame, the hardly visible veins in his arms popping up through his biceps.

"What's up with you being... grumpy, all of a sudden?", he asked with a smirk.

"I'm not", I hold onto my elbow with my other hand, "Can you please close the door?"

His smile falls down as he took a step back, "Okay, then. Whatever you say, Jo'ee",
and took the towel off his neck, quickly walking away as he giggled like a kid.

"Wait... how did you know that name-", I try to catch him, but was stopped in front of his door that he already locked.

"Whatever", I march off to my room, closing my door loud enough for everybody in the house to hear.

|

At around 8 in the evening, I got a text from Kandy.

hey Jo Jo

We'll be there in a minute
Nat's car got pulled over haha

but I'll tell you more when we pick you up so be ready kay?

I put the phone back in my clutch and look up at myself in the huge mirror covering an entire wall of my room.

I think I look... average? I hope?

I had a 'screw it' moment when shoving through my closet earlier and decided to put in a little more effort to dress up, so I had to bring out the curling iron for the first time in months.
The red lace dress, the one with the open back, stopped above my knee and had a pretty deep cut in the front, making my 'meh' boobs look 'not meh'. Pairing it with black heels and a gold-sequined square clutch in my hand.

As for accessories, I kept it super simple since my makeup was also not overboard either with just some eyeliner and lipstick.
Nothing too special.

"Cool", I gave the mirror a thumbs up.

But before I headed to go downstairs and say my goodbyes to my mum, I was feeling a little bit cheeky. So, I walked back over to Damon's door and hearing him talk on the phone with somebody, I confidently knocked three times.

"Aha... yeah, one second", he said to whoever it was on his phone and opened the door with a smile that soon got wiped off, "What's the matter- Oh",

I ignored the sight of his freakin laser blade jaw clenching as he shamelessly looked me all the way from head to toe. I had to hide the massive grin I felt like doing and force myself to flick my fingers for his attention again.

"Hey, sorry to bother you, but... I just wanted to tell you that I'll be leaving now. If you need me, I won't be here until much later", I lift my eyes up with my chin to see him patiently waiting for me to finish and began to walk away.

"Yeah, uh, that's fine", he called out as I descended down the stairs, "Where are you going, though?", I look up to see him leaning over the top of the staircase.

Gosh, this is so much fun

"Don't worry about it", I waved it off, "It's none of your business anyway, right?", and with that, hurriedly said bye to mum and walked out of the house to see Natalie's car waiting on the road for me with the others.

I did feel wrong for what I said.

But damn.

The way he scanned me with his eyes was like an adrenaline boost. It felt amazing, and I wanted it to happen so many more times.

/ /
I don't know what is that made you want to read on but I love you for it

you're smart

you're loyal

you're grateful

I appreciate that