30 // Jo's...

The annoyingly loud song of my alarm clock makes me jolt up from my peaceful sleep in panic-attack mode and I squint hard at the morning light from my windows.

"School", I declare, "Another morning, another shitty day at school."

Trying my actual hardest to get up at an impossibly slow turtle's pace, I yawn and stretch the heck out of my arms while still laying on the bed, my pillows and blanket feeling cozier, softer than ever.

But then a barely-there knock comes at my door.

At 7am?

"Um, come in?", I hesitate.

The person walks in and I immediately recognize the messy bed head hair I've been having the humorous pleasure of seeing every day these past few months.

Damon.
Of course.

I take a short breath from the magnificent sight which is his shirtless a la Adidas sweatpants body. Letting out a husky groan, he leans on the door frame and slides his hands into his front pockets.

"Your alarm clock woke me up", he finally speaks.

"Oh shit, I forgot, sorry", I apologize sincerely, "I completely forgot that you wake up for school at your usual fashionably late time instead of my boring adult one, my bad, you can go back to bed, sweetie."

Sounding amused, he clears his throat, "Waking up for school?"

"Yeah, school. It's like, S-C-H-"

"No no, I know what school is, and surely know how it's spelled. But... today is Saturday?"

Bravo, Jo
The hundred mini Jo Lee Daniels employee clones of my complicated office-like brain stand up from their desks to mentally applaud me in a standing ovation.
Bravo

"Right... Saturday. I'm just dumb, that's all. Cool, got it."

I peek from under the blanket at his smiling figure casually closing the door behind him.

"Hey, Jo?", he cheerfully asks.

"Hey?"

"What day is it today?"

"Mm, I think it's the 20-something of March. Why?"

He slowly nods, "How about you try saying the full date to yourself again. Out loud."

"The date?"

"Yep."

"Okay", I sit up to hold myself on my elbows, "It's the 25th of March 2015, Saturday, and- oh wait."

He gives me the 'there you go' look along with a slow clap of his hands.

"It's the 25th of March", I repeat to reassure myself, "My birthday. But how did you know? It's not like I told you before..."

"Well, you did, actually. But it's fine. Happy birthday by the way. I'm glad to know that I'm the first person to tell you that."