45 // Goodbye

(this chapter is a better to read after reading the last 1 or 2 before)

I sigh, "Marvel."

"DC."

"Iron Man."

"Batman."

"Spider-Man."

"Superman."

"Avengers."

"Justice League."

"Marvel is where it's at, and we're not going to debate over this anymore on the way to the damn airport, Damon who-the-hell-do-you-think-you-are-to-judge-movies Dawson", I finalise and keep both my hands back on the wheel, suppressing a grin from how done with arguing Damon looked beside me.

"Fine", he waves a hand in frustration, "Think what you want. But I'm more than sure the rest of the world - the normal-minded people - can agree life has never been the same since the Batman movies first came out."

"Yeah, life got worse."

"For fuck sa-"

"Okay, okay", I roll my eyes, comfortably sitting back when we stop at a red light and look over to him sulking in the passenger seat, "Don't tell me you're doing that thing little kids do where they won't look at their mum who doesn't let them have any more candy."

He just huffs, staring out the window with a palm on his jaw.

"You're 19 years old, come on, you're better than this."

"Gee, happy belated birthday to me."

I groan but decide against taking this to any more than just a simple comics debate, it was pointless anyway, "Fine. I'm sorry."

He almost turns to me, "Sorry for what?"

"For starting this conversation", I hit the gas again when the green light comes on, "About why Marvel is better - even though it is."

Glancing over to him just for a second, I reply to his childish glare with innocent puppy eyes and he shakes his head with a sigh.

"I can't even stay mad at you for longer than 30 seconds, how the hell do you this shit?", he leans over to press a kiss on my cheek as I couldn't take my eyes off the road. 

I smile, "The cute-eyed cat from Shrek taught me, that's how."

He chuckles and I feel my insides almost warm up at the sound of his laughter, throwing out the reminder of this being the last time I would hear it this way in person for a long time out of my mind. He presses his forehead against my arm and reaches out to hold onto my free hand from the wheel in a peaceful gesture.

"Do you think you're gonna miss your dad a lot while you're away?", I quietly ask after a while.

"After both my dad and your mum felt too lazy to drive me to the airport, so they opted for giving me a hug and a 'see you later, alligator' goodbye at home before I left?", his mumbled words against my sweatshirt made me laugh, "Yeah, I don't think so."