23 // Butterflies

On the entire way home and even in the pharmacy store I dragged the both of us in to get bandages, Damon wouldn't dare leave my hand without being held.

I didn't care too much and enjoyed the flowing conversation we had on the way.

Unpredictably going from discussing the ways in which I could've died from stopping the buff dude on beating Damon, to an entire debate over why blue eyes are better than hazel ones.

Arriving home was more of the adventure.
Damon explaining to his dad about the bruises with a detailed story of a case for 'I was teaching her how to punch properly when she ended up knocking me out completely'. Overall, it was an eventful day, is all I can say.

But with every good, there's bad. And in my case, the bad was staying up late to finish homework from school.

After falling into bed at 3am and ignoring my alarm, I was now running to the cafeteria to find my friends since I've already slept through the first three periods. I sprint through the crowded corridors to open the cafeteria door and instantly see Kandy's big caramel curls.

I run over to their table and interrupt their conversation by sitting down on the free seat they must've left for me.

"Wow", Natalie looks up at me from talking to A'dre, "I would say 'early bird gets the worm' but it doesn't seem right, does it?"

I sigh in relief, "Sorry, guys. I kind of overslept."

Blake nudges me on my right side, "Why'd you oversleep then?"

"Well-"

"Ooh ooh ooh", Kandy taps the table with both hands to get our attention, "Was it because of something to do with Damon? Because if it isn't then I don't believe you."

Natalie gasps, "Wait, what? You and Damon are seriously dating?"

I laugh, "No, she's just-",

Kandy, "I swear, don't believe this girl, she probably overslept from some kind of passionate night with that secret boyfriend of hers yesterday for all I know."

Blake, "You had sex with him?"

Liana, "Did it hurt?"

Me, "Guys, seriously, you're thinking weird-"

Craig, "Please tell me you asked him if he got tested first."

A'dre, "Or that you got tested yourself."

Kandy, "Was he even good in bed? Or are the rumors stupidly fake as always?"

Having enough, I stand up with my hands firmly on the table, shutting up the rolling thread of comments going around the group.

"You guys have too dirty of a mind for teenagers of your age", I make sure to glance around everyone, "I'm going to get food. Not a single word about Damon today."

And there, march off like a huffy soldier to the crowded line of students surrounding the sweets and brownies bar.

When I get to the front of the line, I realize there really is no line since everyone called out names of random foods at the staff there. I try to reach over the heads of people with my pocket money and call out in the nicest voice possible.