12 // Alone

I walked out of my last class for the week to see Violet waiting for me, leaning against the wall.

"Heya", she stalks over to me with open arms and pulls me into a swift hug, which is a greeting I'm never going to get used to.

"Sorry to keep you waiting", I frown, " I had to talk with my teacher and it ended up being this whole detention issue."

"Don't bother about it. I drive my own car, so nobody has to wait for us", she pulls out a pair of car keys from her back pockets and holds them up in the air, "Perks of being an adult."

"Yeah, that's true", I tighten my hold onto the strap of my bag, and we start walking along the corridor to the foyer. The only students left hanging around here are the after school-ers or some of the staff.

"Oh, by the way", I say first.

She looks up at me and smiles, combing a strand of my hair behind my ear as we walk closer, leaving a tingling feeling of her cold touch on my ear.

"I hope your family doesn't mind that I'm coming over to your house straight after school."

"No, they're not home this week. Both are in different countries for work."

I abruptly remember the 'rumor' about her and want to ask her if it's true when a group of chattery guys from our year group makes their way towards our direction on the other end of the corridor. But one figure stood out the most and I hurriedly turn away so he won't notice me.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit

"What's wrong?", Violet places a hand on my arm and glances around our surroundings when I speed up my pace.

Out of all the times?

"Ah, nothing", I weakly laugh, "I just remembered I have to call my mum later. It's fine", I face the other way as we walk closer to the exit door, and the guys are about to pass us by.

I face up to see if he saw me, but thankfully he was talking with a guy next to him.

Okay, the door is right there.
A few more steps, that's all.
Walk past, walk past, walk past....

No, of course as I attempt to step around their group, my shoulder bumps against someone's arm, which cause us both to trip over, only their hands swiftly hold onto my waist so I don't fall over.

I mutter under my breath when I look up to see none other than the face I was more than happy to collide with my fist today.

"Shit, Jo, I didn't even see you here...", Damon mutters out and his features relax when he recognizes me.

As badly as I wanted to say the same, I shake my head and try to tug his hands off me, but he doesn't budge.

"Wait", he says, "Should I call you a taxi to get home? I have plans right now, but if you want, I can walk you-"

"No, I have plans, too", I keep my eyes off to the side, "Can you take your hands off me?"

He looks down at his hands still on my waist and a mischievous grin forms his lips, "Not until you tell me where you're rushing off to, lil' missy."