43 // Prom

You guys this took me dayssssss to write
(A vote will be appreciated 😚)

//

Where is it, where is it, where is it....?

Scrambling through my shelves, desk, under the bed, over the bed, I frantically search for my perfume.

Great.
Getting ready for the only prom of my life I will attend has been just great so far.
Having to rush through clothing stores after clothing store with Kandy and Natalie yesterday to find dresses for this occasion, re-doing my makeup twice because I didn't like the way my eyeshadow turned out the first time, and now this.

"Fuck", I curse to myself as I flip over the makeup and hair tools all over my desk when I pick up a makeup wipe to see that my perfume has been hiding underneath of it all along, "Aha. Come to mama."

Spritzing a little of it on, just enough to give a faint scent while not be overpowering, I turn back to look at myself in the mirror. A gentle smile on my face that hasn't appeared while I was stressfully getting ready so far. 

Laying my long hair down over one shoulder into soft curls, I pushed one side of it behind my hair and curled the other to nicely frame my face in a wave.

My dress was simple. Matte black, open shoulders with thin straps holding onto the rest of it from the top of my breast area to just below my knee. I would be lying if I said I didn't have to watch what I ate and went out for long jogs these past few weeks to able to fit nicely with my curves into this dress, but I did.

I left my neck almost bare with a delicate, thin gold chain, a tiny little heart pendant hanging off it and paired the whole outfit with equally as simple black heels.

Less is more.

And in this case, I really believed that cliche phrase beauty gurus used.

Because I felt confident with how I looked.

"Today would be nice, Daniels."

I smile. Damon has been standing behind the door to my room for god knows how much time.

"I'm done, I'm done", I reply back for him to hear, "Why so impatient?"

He laughs, sarcastically, "You try being told by your girlfriend not to see her until the last second of her getting ready and then wait for 30 minutes by her door since the venue is waiting for us to come, then tell me how you feel."

"Aw, you waited 30 minutes just for me?"

"Fuck you."

"Golden words."

He groans and I laugh at hearing him push himself off the door, "Can you please come out now?"

"Well, since you said please."

I walk over to the door and open it, revealing him standing right behind the door with hands lazily in his front pockets and a 'finally, damnit' look across his perfect face.

Dressed in a black suit -coincidentally matching my dress colour perfectly - he left his blazer unbuttoned as well as the top button of his white long-sleeve shirt underneath, leaving me to thank his decision of not wearing a bow tie or anything of that sort and bare his somehow super attractive neck and collarbone area just the slightest.