24 // First...

a lil reminder yo
'Dawson' is Damon's last name, hence why Jo often calls him that as a nickname

ok you can live on your lifee
//

2:36pm
"...and here you go!", the cashier spoke through the speaker on the glass between us, "Two one day tickets for adults. Hope you two have fun trying our new rides in the spring themed area, oh, and don't be afraid to ask our staff for help, okay?"

"Will do, thanks", Damon tells her for the both of us.

We walk through the ticket vendor to stand in front of the view of the amusement park.
Seemingly hundreds of colorful booths with sparkly signs, children heard screaming from the spinning and turning and twisting roller coasters from afar, and the smell of cotton candy mixed with deep fried diabetes empowering the oxygen I breathed in. 

I looked at Damon as he took the Ray Bans off and hangs them on the collar of his shirt.
Fidgeting around from sudden anxiousness, I say, "Listen."

"Hm?"

"If you don't want to be here today, we can always turn back and come again another day before the extended date runs out."

"What are you talking about?", he laughs, easily pulling me into a snuggle wrap of his warm arms around my shoulders, "I haven't been at this place in years. Let's go."

His hands leave me and we start making our way around the massive park.

While he happily explains to me how my initial stereotype of him 'not being the kind of guy to go to amusement parks' was wrong, I casually take in the way I chose to present myself in physical appearance for this, uh, date.

Denim jacket with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, light t-shirt, black skinny jeans and nude flats with a gold toe.
I even put on some makeup and did my hair down into a loose side braid I saw on YouTube that made me feel weird of the strands framing around my face, but I guessed I just had to get used to it.
And of course, as very typical of me to have on, a thin rose gold chain necklace hanging around my neck like a magnet - a strong magnet I frankly refused to take off.

But Damon, on the other hand, looked... hot.

Hot as in 'Hey! I woke up five-ish minutes ago, put on this cool shirt with a cool thing on the front it, these cool jeans, cool shoes, this cool watch on my wrist, oh, and my cool hair is looking cooler than ever too.'

Like, how does his hair do that?

Does he have some finger surfboarding technique that magically creates glorious waves in his hair with one, simple brush through with a hand?

How?

Breaking me out of trance, Damon looks over to me and followed my gaze to his shirt while we both walked at our pace.

"You like this shirt?"

"Yeah, it's kind of cool", I honestly say.

"Glad to hear", he smiles, "Cute necklace. It suits your eye color."

"So sweet of you to say all of a sudden, Dawson."