FOB - Patrick Stump

Stumped Love

Y/N

You'd been working late at the diner to earn yourself some extra money for when you went on tour with you best friends Fall Out Boy over summer. However tonight after the tenth night of working till 11 you decided to head home early and surprise your boyfriend of two years y/bf/n.

You didn't bother to message him because that would ruin the surprise. The look on his face would be priceless when you walked through the door, you couldn't have been happier with him and everything was going smoothly for the two of you. Hell you'd both even talked about getting engaged one day soon.

Patrick, Pete, Andy and Joe weren't your boyfriends biggest fans. They'd known him in high school and thought he was arrogant and cocky, but they bit their tongues around him because he made you happy. You understood their concern since they were really your only friends in high school and were all older than you so acted like four big brothers.

When you pulled into the drive of the house you shared you noticed a red Mini parked outside, neither you or your boyfriend owned that car and you didn't know anyone with one. Ignoring the nagging feeling in the back of your head that something bad was about to happen you swing open the front door and your face drops.

On the sofa is your 'boyfriend' facefucking the receptionist from the gym down the road you both attended. You pick up the glass key bowl by the front door and smash it on the wooden floor grabbing both of their attentions. Your boyfriend swears and pulls his cock out of the bimbos mouth while she tries to wipe away any evidence of their sexual crime.

"Babe I can explain...err you were working late and never had the time to satisfy me..."

You scoff at his lame excuse, "so you fuck the first thing you see with tits and legs? two years we've ben together and now you cheat on me...how long has this been going on?"

You were trying to keep your cool but slowly your anger was building up. Your boyfriend scratched the back of his head while using your favourite cushion to cover his junk.

"Since you started working late."

Ten days he'd been cheating on you, if you hadn't come home early tonight you never would have caught him. Then something comes to your mind.

"What were you going to do while I was away on tour all summer with my friends? fuck the barista from Starbucks who eye fucks you every time we order."

"Okay yes I was going to fuck other girls...while my girlfriend is on tour with four guys sharing a bus all summer...I'm surprised you haven't cheated on me with any of them, I know Patrick wants to screw you."

Patrick didn't like you like that, he was the one you were closest with but that was because the other three had girlfriends and you felt sorry for Patrick.

"I never once fucked any of the guys, they're my best friends and three of them have girlfriends y/bf/n. You know what we're done, I've had enough of your shit. These last two years I've been nothing but faithful and this is how you pay me back. I want you out of this house by the time I come back tomorrow. Goodbye."

You turned on your heels and stormed out of the front door slamming it shut behind you. You didn't want to cry over that son of a bitch but the minute you got back in your car the tears started flowing and you just wanted to forget everything.

PATRICK

The guys had just left do some final prep before we set off on tour at the end of the week. I was over the moon when y/n said she'd join us as were the others, we all loved her and hated that she couldn't see that y/bf/n was bad for her. We all kept to ourselves but Pete suggested that she could do better, Joe then bought up the fact that I'd had a crush on her since the first week of high school.

Andy told Pete and and Joe to stop making fun of me, I was shyer back then and didn't have the courage to ask her out. But when I finally found my voice she was off with some jerk who rubbed it in my face whenever he got the opportunity that he got the girl.

I was about to head up to bed when someone pounded on my front door startling me. I assumed one of the guys had left something, my money was on Pete forgetting his phone.

However when I opened the door I was met by a crying y/n on my doorstep, she was shivering and her eyes were red and puffy. I'd never seen her this down before, she was always full of life but now she looked broken.

"He cheated on me Patrick, the last ten days he's been sleeping around. So I left him. I came here because I had nowhere else to go."

The blood boiled in my veins when she mentioned her boyfriend cheating on her, I wanted to give him a piece of my mind for losing the best girlfriend anyone could ask for. But for now I needed to get y/n inside and comfort her.

"Come inside, you're always welcome here y/n."

She smiled weakly at me and shuffled inside, I closed the door behind her and led her back into the lounge. She sat down on the sofa and I sat down next to her, she sniffled and I instinctively pulled her into a hug.

"Don't cry over him y/n. He never deserved someone as kind and beautiful as you."

"If I was beautiful he wouldn't have slept with bimbos."

I chewed my lip, this was my opportunity to tell y/n how I truly felt about her.

"You always did give the best hugs Patrick, I never want to leave your arms."

I chuckled and kissed the top of her head, "I know someone who does deserve you y/n, but he was scared of rejection in high school. Then when he got the courage he found out you were dating someone else so he kept quiet."

y/n sniffled and lifted her head from my shoulder, "who? No one liked me in high school."

I sighed, it was now or never, "It was me y/n, I loved you in high school but didn't know how to tell you. I didn't think I deserved someone like you. The guys all know and make fun of me for never making you mine."

A smile crept onto y/n's lips, "why didn't you say anything Patrick? You silly cardigan and fedora wearing boy who whispered me answers in Maths and Science when I was confused. I liked you but I didn't think you were interested in someone like me."

So y/n felt the same, that was a weight off my shoulder. It meant I could do this and she wouldn't pull away.

"I'm going to kiss you now y/n."

She giggled and closed the space between us, her giggle was adorable even though she hated how she sounded.

Then kiss me Patrick."

I leant down and brushed my lips against hers, y/n took the lead and parted her lips for me. I was finally kissing the girl I'd been in love with since high school, and she was kissing me back. This summer was going to be the best one yet.