YMAS - Josh Franceschi

Red Carpet Proposal

Y/N

Award shows were different for you and your boyfriend Josh from the band You Me At Six. You both got to attend and celebrate together, but you were an interviewer on the red carpet beforehand so had the lovely job of interviewing artists including your boyfriend and his bandmates.

You left Josh in the flat you shared knowing you had to get to the red carpet an hour before the first artist arrived; he kisses you on the cheek and tells you he has a surprise for you later. The rest of the band whooped in the living room and you gave them the finger, you loved these fools.

The red carpet had just opened up and the artists kept coming, your favourite were All Time Low and Pierce The Veil because you had toured with them and they loved flirting with you around Josh to make him jealous. You had to laugh off another lame pick up line from Jack and tell him to move on when you saw your boyfriend come into sight.

"Good luck y/n."

You were confused when Alex leaned over and hugged you and whispered those words in your ear, you were pretty sure those were the words you told each band. Rian slaps him across the back of the head and shuffles him off towards the next interviewer. You were still a little confused when Josh started to snap his fingers in front of your face.

"y/n you kind of zoned out for a second, are you okay?"

You nod and snap out of the daze feeling your cheeks blush.

"Yeah, I'm good just something Alex said caught me off guard."

"That's our Gaskarth for you y/n."

You laugh and start the interview, but halfway through you notice the other band members getting slightly bored whereas Josh was focused on you.

"Is something up guys?"

Matt shakes his head and nudges Josh.

"Nothing's wrong y/n, we're just waiting for Josh to man up."

You turn to face Josh who has gone slightly red. Okay, what was going on?

"Why does Josh need to man up?"

"You'll see y/n."

Max pats you on the shoulder and all but glares at Josh. By now other artists had stopped around you and somehow All Time Low and Pierce The Veil had made it back up the red carpet to you. Josh sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"y/n, I've been in love with you since I first saw you walk into my English class as a nervous transfer student. I remember telling you that very same day that you would fall in love with me and one day we'd get married, yes you slapped me but I deserved it..."

That day was clear as anything in your head, Josh was slightly douchey in high school but eventually, you did fall in love with him.

"Anyway I did win you over eventually and to this day you've been my best friend. y/n I want to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?"

You gasp as Josh gets down on one knee and pulls out a small black box, he opens it and inside is a gorgeous diamond ring.

"Of course I'll marry you, Josh."

Josh smiles and slides the ring onto your finger before standing back up and kisses you passionately. You wrap your arms around his shoulders and kiss him back admiring the ring on your finger over his shoulder. You were soon going to be Mrs y/n Franceschi.

"Congratulations guys!"

The whole band erupts into cheers and all the other bands and interviewers around you start clapping. You pull away from Josh and peck him on the lips. You notice Alex Gaskarth smirking at you.

"Is this what you meant by good luck Alex?"

He nods and you couldn't have been happier right now.

"I love you y/n."

Josh hugs you one last time and you squeeze him back.

"I love you to Josh. Now go and win some awards and make me even prouder."

After a few more minutes the red carpet goes back to normal and You Me At Six move onto the next interviewer. Mike and Vic Fuentes run up to you and smother you in hugs while Jaime and Tony laugh, it was like any other interview on a red carpet.