ATL - Alex Gaskarth

Vocal Rest

Y/N

The worse thing that can possibly happen to a lead singer is that they get a throat infection which stops them from singing. You were the lead vocalist for the band y/band/n and had been put on two months vocal rest after having surgery on your throat. Your boyfriend, Alex from All Time Low had taken it upon himself to look after you while his band was on a break. The next tour involved both of your bands so Alex needed you fighting fit.

You were currently waiting for Alex to get back from the shops; it was boring sitting around all day not being able to speak. You'd grown pretty tired of Twitter and the streams of 'get better soon' messages; you didn't even have the energy to fight back against the haters like you usually did.

"Babe I'm home where are you?"

Alex's voice rang through your flat and you face palmed his forgetfulness. How could you answer his question when you weren't allowed to speak? He came around the corner and you pointed at your mouth, Alex made an 'oh' shape with his mouth.

"Crap, sorry I forgot you can't speak. Anyway, I got you a couple of things to solve your problem."

Alex slumps down next to you on the sofa and opens one of his many bags, for a guy he sure did love to shop.

"So we can communicate."

He pulls out a small whiteboard with a neck strap around it so you could wear it around the flat.

"And some colours because black pens are boring."

He then pulled out a pack of coloured markers, at least now you could vary your colour of writing. You took the board and pens out of his hand and started writing on the board before flipping it over how will you know If I want something and you're in another room?

"I did think that far ahead and bought you this."

He produces a bell out of the bag and your eyes light up before you snatch it from his hand.

Thanks Alex you're the best boyfriend in the whole world

Alex smiles and throws an arm around your shoulder and you cuddle against him with your new gifts in your hands.

"I'm going to regret getting you that bell aren't I y/n?"

You nod before ringing it in front of his face. Alex pouts before leaning down and kissing you.

"You're lucky I love you as much as I do y/n."

You stick your tongue out at him and he mirrors you, for two adults you still acted like children around each other. It would be better once you got your voice back but for now, the bell and the whiteboard would have to suffice.