*REQUESTED* OM&M - Alan Ashby

Food Court

Requested by Wattpad user: futureheart12345 

Y/N

There was no denying it, you stuck out from your group of friends. They dressed girly and their hair and makeup were always on point, whereas you dressed in grunge and vintage clothes and it was a miracle if you could get your hair to behave. The others had decided to hit up Forever 21 while you decided it was food time.

The food court was pretty hectic but you managed to get your favourite burger, fries and strawberry milkshake. You were never a salad girl; if you were hungry then you were getting a hearty meal. Carrying your tray out into the courtyard you realise there are literally no free seats. The fact that the seating area was outside didn't help because the sun was too strong for your sunglasses.

There were a couple of tables with only one person sat out, but the guys gave you the creeps. They were purposely checking you out before motioning to join them. You politely decline until someone clears their throat next to you.

"I promise I'm not creepy like those men. Sit down, by the way, you have great taste in music."

You turn and notice a rather cute ginger guy sat at a table for two, you can't see his eyes behind his sunglasses but he didn't throw off a creepy vibe which ticked all the right boxes in your eyes.

"Err thanks. I'm y/n by the way."

You slide in opposite him and set your tray down while he checks his phone.

"I'm Alan and I'm stealing a fry."

Before you could stop him his hand darted out and took a couple of fries off your plate before shoving them in his mouth. You fake gasp and clutch your chest.

"Were you only after my fries Alan? I thought we had a connection."

"What can I say y/n, I love fries. Now how much do you like the band on your shirt? My favourite member is Austin."

There was something familiar about the guy sitting in front of you but you couldn't pinpoint what exactly. You shrug your shoulders and pick up your milkshake before answering.

"I guess I've been a fan since the start. None of my friends like that kind of music so I guess in a way it's my escape. I play the guitar so I would have to say either Alan or Tino, but Alan likes cats so I'd have to say Alan is my favourite."

Alan smirks across from you before removing his sunglasses and lets his hair out of the man bun on top of his head. Your eyes widen and you gasp upon realising why he sounded familiar, in front of you was none other than Alan Ashby. You lean back in your chair and pout.

"Oh, you cocky little shit...I really should have conned on earlier right? So are you telling me that cashby is real?"

Alan laughs and ruffles his hair.

"Cashby isn't real y/n. I saw your shirt and decided to have a little fun. Now tell me about cats, do you have any?"

You nod and unlock your phone revealing your home screen which was you and your two tabby cats Pickles and Relish. Alan literally snatches the phone out of your hands and awes.

"What are their names?"

"Don't judge me because I was drunk. The ginger one is Pickle and the black one is Relish. And here's the punch line, I don't even like pickles or relish in real life."

Alan laughs and starts typing something into your phone before handing it back to you. He'd put his number in your contacts with a cat emoji by it.

"If you didn't have cats' y/n then this friendship wouldn't be able to go any further."

It was your turn to laugh but you were interrupted by a message off one of your friends. You read it and roll your eyes before putting your phone down. Alan frowns and takes another handful of fries.

"What's wrong y/n?"

You shake your head.

"My friends saw me sitting with you and just messaged me saying if I wanted to impress you than I should be less fat and have ordered a salad instead."

"They don't sound like great friends y/n. Why do girls always eat salad in front of guys? If you want a burger have a burger and enjoy it. Besides they're talking crap because you look fine girl."

You nearly choke on your milkshake as he snapped his fingers with sass. Alan was a great guy and maybe he was right about your friends being bad for you.

"Such sass Ashby I approve. And damn straight I'm going to eat my burger because I like food. But if you steal one more fry you won't be able to play the guitar anymore. Y/n doesn't share food."

He puts his hands up in surrender and you both burst into laughter.

"You're a keeper y/n. Now let's forget your bitchy friends and talk about something awesome, like guitars."

The two of you spend the next couple of hours exchanging funny stories about yourselves. Alan promises that he'll teach you his guitar spin and you invite him and his cat over to yours for a cute cat play date. You were more than grateful that you left your friends when you did because you wouldn't have met Alan otherwise.