OM&M - Alan Ashby

Cat In A Tree 

Y/N

You were new to the area and your cat was still adjusting to the new surroundings, so much so that the second you left the front door open she ran out as fast as she could. You curse and chase after her; well this was one way to introduce yourself to your neighbours. No one wanted to be friends with a crazy cat lady.

Your cat waited until you were a few inches away from it before it started to climb a tree, you swore and kicked the tree.

"Are you having cat problems?"

You turn to face the stranger and nod before casually leaning against the tree.

"What makes you think that?"

The ginger-haired guy smiled and ran a hand through his longish hair, and you couldn't help but stare because he was beautiful.

"I saw you chasing a cat which I assume is yours, otherwise you're just a crazy cat lady."

You shrug your shoulders.

"I just moved in down the street and left the door open and she just ran out. I'm not a crazy cat lady but I do love cats."

"I'm Alan by the way and I think we might be neighbours. I have cats myself so no judging, maybe we can have cat play dates."

You shake the hand Alan extends your way, now you were even happier you moved to this neighbourhood because you now had a hot neighbour.

"I think Fudge would like that very much Alan if she ever comes out of the tree."

"If I can get Fudge out of the tree will you get coffee with me err..."

You laugh.

"y/n, call me y/n. And I think you've set yourself an impossible task Alan because Fudge is stubborn and doesn't like new people."

He scoffs and clicks his fingers before shooing you away from the tree so he could take your position.

"I have a way with the pussy that makes them go crazy for me."

You put your hand to your mouth to stop yourself from laughing, even more, Alan was very upfront and you kind of liked that. You watched in awe as he started meowing up the tree towards Fudge who to your surprise meowed back. Next thing you know Fudge is climbing back down the tree and jumps into Alan's open arms. He cuddles her and she meows contently, all you can do is stare with your mouth open.

"Like I told you y/n I have a way with the pussy, now about that coffee."

You clap your hands together and give him a little bow making him blush.

"I didn't know my neighbour was a cat whisperer. How about we take Fudge back to mine and go from there Alan."

He nods and starts to walk down the street with Fudge still in his arms leaving you to trail behind him.

"Err Alan you'll have to give her back at some point."

The ginger shakes his head and hugs her tighter.

"Never, Fudge is my secret lover and we're running away together and you won't come between our eternal love."

You weren't quite sure what to make of Alan, he was different from the other guys you had in your life but maybe a change would do you good. Now you just had to plot a way to get your cat back off him.