*REQUESTED* OM&M - Alan Ashby

Requested by Caitlyn_mcr

What Happened To Us?

Y/N

You and your long-term boyfriend Alan hadn't exactly had a smooth relationship recently. When the two of you started dating everything was exciting and nothing or no one could get in between you. But ever since Alan went back into the studio with his band to record the new album Cold World he'd become distant.

All his focus was on the music, and then the fans, and then if he had any energy left he would give you the occasional hug or kiss. He went out more partying and drinking and you already in bed when he returned, and when you woke up the next day he'd already have left for the studio.

Tonight was no different, Alan had come back from the studio was told you he was going out with Phil and Tino. You didn't question him and instead went about finishing the task you'd started in the morning. You had been sorting out boxes of junk to get rid of to clear up more room.

"y/n, do you think you could make me a sandwich? I'm starving."

Alan shouts from the top of the stairs and you roll your eyes before getting up off the sofa to make him some food. He couldn't say he loved you, but he could ask you to make him food. Where had the spark gone?

You make him a sandwich and grab a beer for him before returning to the lounge. You were surprised to see Alan sitting on the sofa looking through a shoebox of pictures of the two of you. You smile and sit down next to him placing the plate and beer on the coffee table.

"Do you remember my obsession with Polaroid pictures Alan? I use to carry that thing everywhere to capture every moment."

Alan chuckles, "what happened to us y/n?"

I shrug my shoulders and take a few of the pictures off him. I smile as I scan through the pictures I took on our first holiday away together as a couple.

"I don't know Alan. You started focusing more on your music and I guess we got lost somewhere along the way."

Alan sighs, "I think I just got my priorities a bit mixed up y/n. I thought if I helped make this album better than the last, then we'd have even more success and you'd be proud of me."

You shake your head and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm always proud of how much you've achieved Alan. I thought you'd been ignoring me because you no longer liked me."

Alan turns to face you with a sad look on his face.

"I'm still in love with you y/n. I guess I kind of thought the same thing and kept my distance. Do you think we could make it work again?"

You nod and smile.

"We could always go back to Hawaii, rekindle the spark again. You have some time off now right Alan?"

Alan pulls you into a hug and you drop the pictures to the floor and hug him back. It felt like old times.

"I think we should take that holiday y/n. I'll book it tomorrow."

You pull back and cup your boyfriend's face before kissing him. Alan jolts slightly before kissing you back. And you swear you felt a small spark between your lips.