MIW - Chris Motionless

Parental Disaster

Y/N

"Babe it will be okay, how bad can your parents be?"

You can't help but scoff at Chris; he had never met your parents. Your parents weren't like most parents; they weren't supportive of your new lifestyle. You loved Chris's parents and they loved you. It was strange how out of the blue your mum got back in touch with you and invited both you and Chris over for dinner.

Once upon a time your parents all but disowned you when you dumped your lawyer boyfriend and quit your job at his firm because he was banging the sectary behind your back. Of course, your parents didn't believe you and told you if you wanted to go off and take pictures of bands for a living then you weren't welcome back in their house.

"Chris you know my past with them. I just know my mum is up to something."

"Well, I'll be there with you y/n, if they get too much then we leave. I love you and can't wait to marry you soon to be Mrs Cerulli."

Chris runs his fingers over the ring he'd put on your finger less than a month ago after dating for the last two years. He was everything you could ever ask for, a part of you wanted your parent's approval because you did want your dad to walk you down the aisle.

You smile and squeeze his hand before killing the car engine and forcing yourself to climb out of the car. Your parents were in for a bit of a shock, last time they saw you, you had no piercings or tattoos but now you had a lip ring and a few tattoos scattered on your arms and neck.

"Let's get this over and done with."

You knock on the front door and step back into Chris's arms. You pray that no one answers but someone did unlock the door and you recognise the shadow through the glass as your father. His eyes widen as he takes in your appearance and a scowl appears on his lips as he looks Chris up and down with disapproval.

"Hi, dad long time no see. This is my fiancé Chris."

"Fiancé?"

You nod and show him the ring on your finger. His facial features soften.

"How long?"

"We dated for two years and he asked me last month."

Your dad sighs before throwing his arms around you.

"Does he make you happy y/n?"

"Yes, he does dad."

Your dad pulls back and eyes Chris up who takes a step forward and puts his hand out, your dad shakes it.

"Mr y/last/n, I love your daughter very much and know that my lifestyle isn't ideal. But I was in a dark place and then y/n showed me that I could love again. I'll protect her with every ounce in my body sir."

"Call me y/dad/n. And I'm sorry for what my wife is about to do."

Chris nods and puts a protective arm around your shoulders as you dad steps aside and lets you inside. You were happy that one parent approved but you just knew your mum was cooking something up to mess with you and Chris.

"There's my baby girl, what have you done to yourself? Ladies don't have piercings and tattoos but I have a nice surprise for you."

Your mum throws herself at you totally ignoring Chris hugging the living daylights out of you.

"What surprise mum?"

"You need a proper man in your life that can provide for you. Also, I want my grandchildren to grow up normal."

Next thing you know she steps away and into the room walks the last person you ever wanted to see. Your ex-boyfriend who screwed his secretary stood looking as well groomed as when you last saw him over three years ago.

"y/n it's so good to see you again. Your mum told me you were single and back in town. Can we try again?"

He smirks and steps towards you but you step back into Chris who glares at your ex stopping him dead in your tracks.

"Mum you know I have a boyfriend, meet Chris. Well, he's not exactly my boyfriend since he asked me to marry him last month after dating for two years. Sorry, y/ex/n but you lost me the moment you screwed your secretary in our bed."

"y/n apologise to y/ex/n right now, he explained the situation and I think you overreacted as you usually do. This musician cannot provide for you, look at him and imagine how your children will grow up."

You slap your mum's hand away feeling rage build up inside you.

"My children will grow up with a mum and dad who love them and allow them to be whatever they want. I make my own money so I can provide for myself. If dad can see past Chris's job and appearance and realise that I'm happy then why can't you? I'm marrying Chris and I came here today seeking approval because I want you at our wedding."

Your mum looks shocked that you'd stood up for yourself. The room fell silent until your dad cleared his throat.

"y/mum/n we only have one daughter and I don't want our prejudice to drive her away. We just need to accept that she's found someone who makes her happy and that's all we can ask for."

"But look at him y/dad/n."

You glance up at Chris and he smiles down at you before stepping towards your mum.

"I know you don't approve of me but I want you to know that you did an excellent job raising a fine woman like y/n. She put up a fight and it took me a couple of months before you even agreed to go on a date with me. She's polite and funny and one of the nicest people I know. I do love her and will protect her with my life. I want you at our wedding."

You watch as your mum's expression softens slightly and your dad put his arm around her.

"I will bite my tongue, but if you hurt my daughter then you'll have to deal with her mother's wrath."

Chris nods and steps back next to you pulling you into a side hug.

"You can hurt me if I ever hurt y/n but I won't."

You can't help but chuckle and squeeze Chris's waist.

"I love you, Chris."

"And I love you more y/n."

He leans down and pecks your lips before pulling away realising your parents are in the room. Your ex had disappeared and you hoped to never see him again. Your mum claps her hands together.

"Now how about we eat? I did cook us dinner after all."

You all nod and make your way into the dining room. The rest of the evening was spent with your parents interrogating Chris and embarrassing you by bringing out the baby pictures. This was more than what you could have ever asked for, you had your parents and approval and a guy you were madly in love with.