*REQUESTED* ATL - Jack Barakat

Backseat Serenade

Requested by Wattpad user: gummybearbarakat

Y/N

It was another Friday night spent alone with a bottle of wine, Chinese takeaway and Netflix while the rest of the world had a social life. You didn't mind though because you'd had a busy week at work and needed a night to relax. However, before you can dig into your Chinese there's a knock on the front door. It was 9 pm and you weren't expecting visitors.

"y/n open the door please I don't want to be alone right now."

You were very surprised to hear your best friend Jack on the other side. He'd told you earlier that he had a hot date so you were confused as to why he was now on your doorstep. His voice also sounded cracked as if he'd been crying. You open the door to see a puffy-eyed Jack Barakat.

"Come in Jack and tell me everything. Who do I have to beat up? I might be small and lack muscles but no one makes my Jacky cry."

You flex your arm and Jack laughs before shuffling past you into your flat. He slumps down on the sofa and picks up the box of spring rolls on the coffee table, just like a girl he could become an emotional eater.

"Cute top by the way y/n, great taste in music."

You didn't think you'd be having company over so you weren't dressed to impress. You wore your underwear with an oversized All Time Low tank over the top which Jack had left one day and you ended up claiming as your own. You smile and tug at it slightly wishing it covered more of you, but Jack seemed to be enjoying the view.

"Yeah it's just some little band one of my friends is in, you might not have heard of them. Though their lead guitar player is pretty hot, hey he kind of looks like you Jack but sexier."

You waltz over to the sofa and Jack scoffs before grabbing you around the waist and pulls you onto his lap. You laugh and try to get up but his grip tightens and your face pales at the mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Don't you even dare Jack."

Next thing you know Jack starts tickling you which is bad because you're super ticklish.

"Jack...please stop...you...little...shit..."

You squirm but there's no escape in sight. Jack throws his head back and laughs menacingly.

"Not until you tell me that you love me, and I'm sexier than this Jack guy."

"Shit...Jack...fine you win...I love you...and you're sexier than...the Jack...guy...now release me..."

He stops tickling you and you don't realise just how close the two of you are until Jack cups your chin and kisses you. You were best friends but you always kind of had a crush on him, so instead of pushing him away, you kiss him back.

"God, you're perfect y/n. My girlfriend cheated on me, she's been sleeping around behind my back."

You mentally roll your eyes having never liked the girl, well that explained the crying Jack but not the kissy Jack. You get off his lap and he pulls you back in for a hug so that your head is resting on his chest. Was the kiss because he just wanted to kiss someone and you were convenient. Did it mean anything to him?

"I never liked her anyway Jack, now let's eat the food before it gets cold."

Food was a great change of subject. But as you reach for the rice Jack's hand grabs yours and you make the mistake of looking him in the eyes.

"Tonight made me realise something y/n?"

"What Jack?"

He closes the space between you again and you jump slightly as he kisses you again before pulling back and smiling.

"I'm in love with my best friend y/n. I love you. You've always been there for me and picked me up when I'm down."

Well, that was unexpected but warmed your heart. Jack had just admitted to being in love with you of all people.

"I love you to Jack, now shut up and let me eat."

"I love it when you talk dirty to me y/n."

You snort and lie back down allowing his arms to wrap around you. You pick up your food and Jack mirrors you before he picks up the remote and starts to flick through Netflix. Well, this would go down as one of the best Friday nights ever.