Chapter 29: How Not To Handle A Chick

I was dead, completely dead, no way out. I was going to die. There was no way I could escape this. A fight club? Yes. Jail? Yes. Taxes? Hell Yeah. But an angry Nicole currently banging my car for stuffing her into my trunk? Hell no. I was a f*cking goner.

"Any last wishes Daniel's", I asked myself as I turned into the dirt road. Before I could process my reckless actions, my phone buzzed.

"What is it now?"

"Have you got the girl?"

"Yes, but I don't think she's too happy right now", I admitted.

"Oh, for heavens sake, it's not like you forced her into your car."

"You're right, I just knocked her unconscious and threw her in the trunk", I mumbled hoping she wouldn't hear.

"YOU WHAT!!! RYDER DANIELS, YOU LET HER OUT THIS INSTANT. That girl already has trauma from her last incident, you're not making it any better", my aunt yelled through the phone.

"Alright but be ready to catch her when she runs to the cabin", I said getting out of the car. I made my way over to the car cautiously, knowing Nicole, she'd probably be out and waiting to pounce on me, although I don't think I'd fight her off.

I pushed the button to open the trunk, but before I opened it fully, I stopped and checked my reflection from the rear window. That's when my chin met the door of trunk. My jaws smashed together and sent me flying back. I fell to the ground and managed to catch that beautiful ass heading for the forest.

"Get back here", I managed to yell as I massaged my lower jaw. Nicole ignored my request and kept running. I used the short cut to the cabin and soon enough she was there too, banging on the door for her dear life.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you", I teased, knowing my aunt she would  most likely get spooked and answer the door, gun in hand. I waited in the dark and let chaos to unfold, but it never did.

My aunt opened the door and gladly let her in, shooting my a stern look before she shut the door. If Nicole didn't kill me, my aunt would. I walked closer to get a better view, through the window; I could see Nicole freaking, she looked as if she were begging. There was no ignoring it, I had freaked her out and she would definitely hate me for it.

I waited by the door for a good few seconds, contemplating about whether or not to go in. Finally I came to the conclusion that I was being stupid so I turned on my heel and began walking back towards the car. I had to leave, for good this time.

"This is what happens when you try to force yourself back into her life dipwad", I scolded myself. What did I think? That I could leave for six months without telling her where or why and expect her to love me as soon as I came back. As if. But I couldn't just stay there. She didn't want me the way I wanted her and by the looks she got from other guys around school, I knew she wouldn't stay single for long. They had something to offer that I didn't. A normal life. One filled with college, marriage, kids. Everything she dreamed of. I still had my debt to repay with the police. My word in exchange for a clean slate. When I heard the trial was going to take place out of state, I jumped at the idea. My mom had long since recovered from all the abuse and could take of herself. In fact she insisted I go, Dylan and aunt Sophia needed me, she said. With my help, they were able to tie Tyler and his monkeys to disappearances and deaths. None of them got life sentences but it was close. No fancy, high priced lawyer could get him out of this mess.

During the trial, Tyler's old man's will was found, naming me the only heir to everything he owned. I gladly accepted and sold it all and was able to buy a familiar house on the edge on a mountain. Practically on a cliff with a perfect view of the beach.