Chapter 25: Fire Safety

"Make sure you teach her a lesson that sticks", Tyler said as he duct taped my wrists to the arm chairs.

"You're really going to beat my ass aren't you", I snapped fighting my restraints.

"I'm not. You see I'm above beating up girls--"

"Tell that to my bruises you ass hole."

"Yeah but I'm not going to beat the pulp out if you", he said backing away, "he is."

A man came out from the shadows, no bigger than Tyler, if anything smaller. If I wasn't tied up, well taped up, I could take him.

"Make sure you ice that bump, you know the one I gave you when I smashed that lamp on your head", I reminded him.

"Well I'll leave you to your business", Tyler said walking out and slamming the door

"Perdoname preciosa", the man said as he balled his fists and approached me.

"When this is all over I'll have you begging for mercy", I managed to say before he layed one on me. My cheek bone is definitely shattered but I'm still conscious, why?

"You're tougher than you look", he said striking me once again. Almost immediately I tasted iron but I still had all me teeth. I really am tougher than I look. The next time he lunged at me I was ready and used my feet to push him away. He hit the door and it was lights out. He's way more delicate than any girl I know.

After a few minutes of struggling I managed to get the duct tape off. I ran to the door and just in time. Señor Punchies began waking up. I couldn't resist so I kicked while was down, twice in the stomach and once in the family jewels. Before I could make my escape the door opened once again.

"Ouch, that looks painful", Tyler said examining my wounds, "No worries, makeup solves most problems. We need to get you a new outfit, that one was is covered in blood."

"And you need a new lamp", I said reluctantly following him. There was no other way to go, I was always stuck in between to giant guys behind me and Tyler in the front. I was thrown into a room, "fit for a queen", as Tyler puts it. Full of dresses, shoes, makeup, jewels.

"Make yourself presentable", Tyler said locking the door. Dresses, lipstick, heels, none of this was me. I rummaged under the bed, finding my bag. I managed to fill it with my kind of outfit. The only thing I used from that room was the cover up, trust me I needed. I could pass off as a walking dead character, the dead ones not one of the survivors.

"Well this isn't what I expected but you look perfect. Like I'm not forcing you be here", Tyler said walking in.

"But you are", I snapped finishing the makeup job.

"Just hurry, we can't keep them waiting." Waiting, that meant it was time, this was actually happening and I hadn't done anything to stop it. Tyler lead me to the so called arena, just yellow tape tracing a perfect square. It was just a couple feet away from the the actual building I was being held captive in. Instead of joining the massive crowd, Tyler pulled me all the way towards the front. There I saw him, colder than ever. A blank, emotionless expression. Just like the one I saw the last time we encountered each other. And next to him was Daniela, arms wrapped tightly around him. Confirming I was dead to him, fine by me, I was dead to myself anyways.

"Are we ready for this", the ref said stepping in the middle. They each nodded and the ref began to read the rules which was pointless because by the looks of the floor, no one seemed to follow them.

"Alright fellas, say your goodbyes", the ref howled. I glanced over at Ryder, he was practically eating Daniela. If Tyler doesn't punch Ryder soon, I will.