Chapter 5: My BF

After school I headed over to room 112 for detention. As I walked to the room I ran into a familiar cheating face. His lips locked with some red head, enjoying every minute of it. Oh Marcus, you make this relationship thing so easy. I guess these rules apply to me as well. I backed up into the corner and pulled out my phone.

"Hey, it's me Nicole. Just wanted to tell you I'll be staying for a while", I spoke into my phone. I heard Marcus tell the girl to leave. Gotcha.

"Hey babe, I was just going to go look for you", he said wrapping his arms around me. I turned my head when he leaned in to kiss me. I didn't want that girl saliva all over my mouth.

"Oh really, and was that cute little red head going to help you by kissing you and magically telling you where I was", I told him. It was only right for him to stutter up a storm as I impatiently waited for a lie.

"I don't think this is gonna work out, but you can go ask Heather, she seems dumb enough to take you back", I said patting him on the shoulder and walking away. Thank God I caught him, for a second I thought I was going to have to continue this relationship. As I walked along I bumped into some guy who seemed totally taken back by me.

"Watch it. Hello are you listening". I said waving my hand in his face.

"Nicole?"

"Do I know you", I asked crossing my arms whilst examing the stranger infront of him.

"I know I look different but you can't forget your best friend from eighth grade", he said. I was still doubting him, but I started to think back and the only friend I had back then was an awkward looking boy who loved math and science.

"Tyler?" I finally managed to ask as I leaned in for a closer look.

"Yeah", he said with a huge smile. He opened his arms for a hug and I gladly accepted it.

"What happened to the nerdy Tyler that left to California in eith grade", I asked him totally taken back to his appearance.

"He hit puberty, and I see you did too."

"I believe you and thanks, I think." I couldn't believe my eyes. No glasses or braces. Just two hazel green eyes staring down at me, with crazy straight teeth. The years have been good to Tyler Haze.

"So how long you've been in Cali", he asked. I told him it was just my second week here. He seemed delighted to hear it.

"Wanna catch up."

"Can't. Detention", I explained.

"Detention, you? What happened to Nerdy Nicole", he said reminding me of my old nickname in middle school. I hugged him goodbye promising to catch up later and headed to detention. I entered a classroom with two sleeping teens, and a clearly bored bad boy. Can't forget the sleeping teacher. I quickly took my seat in the back, far from Ryder, but the distance didn't seem to matter because he got up and sat in the seat right next to mine.

"Where were you princess?"

"Oh having fun, with Marcus", I lied.

"Really? Well I heard you two ended and he went back with Heather. Sad isn't it?"

"What's sad", I asked innocently confused.

"You can't keep a man happy. No wonder you're single."

"I caught him with a pretty little red head, since you want to know", I retorted.

"Really, how pretty I've been looking for a new play mate."

"I see you like sloppy seconds", I said trying to control my laughter.