Chapter 8: From Bad to Worse

My full eight hours of sleep were cut short by a very rowdy Casey and her stupid hair dryer. Super silent my butt, she needs to get a refund.

"What time is it", I asked as I yawned whilst stretching.

"Umm like 6:20 I think", she said turning her hair dryer off and reaching for her hairspray.

"Okay no one light a match", I joked getting up to shower.

"Oh haha very funny", Casey said throwing a slipper at me.

"What periods do we have today", Casey asked from my room.

"First through third", which meant I got to see Ryder in the morning. Great way to start my day.

"Nicole hurry up, I wanna get to school early so you", Casey yelled.

"But I don't."

"But you fuiding boys do", she sang. I stopped my lathering to question the girl I consodered me friend. This gave the shampoo in my hair enough time to slip into my eyes. Que the burninc sensation strong enough to make satan cry. Why couldn't it be conditioner? I quickly washed it off and got out. I didn't want to argue with her so I hurried as fast as I could and ran downstairs.

"Finally", she said grabbing her keys and heading out the door.

"You're never sleeping over on a school night", I said whipping my eyes since they still stung from the shampoo incident.

"You offered and fine next time you sleep here alone."

"No I'm sorry please don't leave me", I begged. She smiled and shook her head at my childish response. When we got to school Tyler was already there.

"Aww how sweet, he's waiting for you", she said poking my shoulder trying to make me blush. We got out of the car and on the way in I accidently bumped shoulders with Ryder. He turned just to give me a scowl as he turned away I saw a slash on his right cheek along with more bruises. Made me wonder who the hell is strong enough beat this guy up, he's pure muscle. I could feel Ryder's eye burn into me as I hugged Tyler and held hands as we walked over to our table.

"He's really jealous", Casey whispered as she nudged me.

"Good this means I'm winning", I said fixing my posture walking tall and proud. We talked until the bell rang and Tyler walked me to class and not once did he let go of my hand. It felt nice knowing he was there. Kind of like a security blanket. When we got to my class, Tyler tried to give me a kiss on the lips but I turned my head making him kiss my cheek.

"Taking it slow", I reminded him.

"Right, sorry", he said giving me a kiss on the head and leaving to class. I entered the class, only to be welcomed by stupid comments made mostly by Marcus.

"You should have stuck with me, a man, because your Tyler still has much to learn", Marcus said as soon as I entered the class.

"More of a man you ever were", I snapped back. What followed immediately after my comeback were a bunch of "Damn! Burn!" I rolled my eyes and shool me head as I took my usual seat next to Ryder who was obviously ready to annoy me. When I tried to sit down he pushed my seat almost causing me to fall. Luckily I kept my footing and didn't.

"So princess, I hear you have a boyfriend, it's a shame it could have been me", Ryder whispered as the teacher lectured about range and domain.

"You are really funny, I am so gonna miss you when you got to jail", I said sarcastically.

"Whatever princess, your loss", he said turning his attention back to the board.

"Alright class, pop quiz", the teacher said grabbing a stack of papers from under her desk...there goes my day. That was a perfect start to my already perfect day; I hope you can tell I'm being sarcastic. Was it national pop quiz day because my AP Spanish teacher gave us one as well. Ugh I hate school; I'll just quit and work at McDonald's...no I think they ask for high school diplomas now. Well anyways back to my school day, lunch was even worse, a freakin food fight broke out and guess who got pelted with a whole tray full of apple sauce, that's right this girl. Luckily I had an extra shirt in my locker; don't judge me, it's for emergencies. I also managed to get my phone back from Ryder during lunch. He was too distracted by flying spaghetti to notice. Now that I think of it I should have saved the shirt for Calligraphy, this where my main issue begins.