Chapter 15: What the hell did I get myself into?

No matter how much I tried to ignore the annoying sound coming from my phone it would not leave me alone.

"Just let it die out", I kept repeating to myself.

Unfortunately it did not; stupid phone when I want you to die you're at full battery but when I needed you last night you died on me. Wait last night, what the hell happened? I remember going to practice and turning into the alley, but anythinf after that is all a blur and where the hell am I? I looked around to scope the area. I looked at the ocean of blue covering my entire body. Nice satin sheets, but the room smelled like cologne, mint and whiskey. Definitely a guy's room, but who's? Grabbing the sheets uncovered my body, though I was still in my jogging attire, I wasn't going to give my kidnapper the satisfaction of watching me.

I thought back to everything school taught me about strangers: Don't get in the van. Oh yeah very helpful. I got up and began looking for my shoes and easily found them followed by my phone which was clearly cracked. Either this guy wants me to get away or he's an amateur. Before making my escape I decided to snoop maybe get some vakueabke information to take to the cops. I didn't find anything gross or disturbing instead I found a framed picture of Ryder and Dylan and a very pretty woman. Then it all hit me, like a tidal wave...the alley, those two big guys, the chloroform, Ryder popping out of nowhere, and the words I couldn't not make out at the end. All I know is that he saved me and I owed him big time. I sat back down on the bed and took it all in. What the hell did I get myself in to?

"Morning princess. How's my bed? Did you know that you are the first girl to actually sleep on that bed? Usually girls do everything but sleep on my bed", he said grabbing a shirt and tossing it to me.

"You're such a pig. Nice example you set for Dylan", I said throwing it back at him.

"Now Nicole is that any way to treat your knight in shining armor", he said and even though I hated to admit it he was right.

"Where's Dylan, haven't seen that little ball of joy since the pixie stick incident", I said with a smile.

"My mom signed custody over to her sister when she fell of the wagon, but we get him on weekends." He was talking to me as if nothing happened, as if this was all a mix up. I needed to get more info out of him, for my pwn sake.

"Why didn't you just go with Dylan?"

"It's not that easy; someone needed to stay back and take care of Martha", he said clearly annoyed by my questions. Not wanting to annoy him I kept quiet and began thinking about school. I didn't want to be home alone just incase those savages returned. If I went home now, I can be ready in like 20min. It's not like I'm far away, right next door actually. I completely zoned out and it took a screaming Martha to bring me back.

"Ryder, where the hell are you? I need a ride to the liquor", she yelled from the other room.

"Gotta go. If I were you, I'd leave before I come back", he said grabbing a jacket and heading out the room.

"I really do owe you", I said getting up.

"Whoa, what are you doing", Ryder said completely suspicious of my true intentions. I threw my arms around Ryder and pulled him on for a hug. He responded rather slowly, but then again he was only fast when it came to kissing me.

"Thank you", I mumbled. His arms had wrapped so tightly around my waist I couldn't really move. He was so much taller than me, my head fit perfectly under his neck and he rested his chin on the top of my head.

"I'm sorry", he said then letting me go and practically dashing out the door closing it behind him. I waited for him to leave and then made my way out back to my house. Nate had already left for work so I guess my lecture would have to wait until after school. I quickly got dressed and since my car was still at school, this meant I was walking.