Chapter 17: Oh how time flies.

"So coach isn't mad you quit track", Casey said over the phone. I could hear her rummaging around, looking for something.

"No, she was actually pretty okay with it." Only because I told him about my alley incident and I was terrified to go. I felt like telling her about the alley, but I knew it would just scare Casey and she would spread the word. I figured it wasn't worth it. After all, Ryder did say the guys were only after me.

"Weird, usually she'd flip out. Well maybe next year?"

"Yeah, hopefully", I said unamused. My mind was in its usually state: thinking about Ryder and the mess I got myself into.

"You okay? You don't sound so excited or even the least bit content. Tell me what's up", Casey practically demanded.

"I just have a lot on my mind, but don't worry I'll be fine", I lied not wanting to worry her.

"Well okay, but I'm just a quick call away if you need me. Anyways I got to go. Tristan is waiting for me."

"Okay have fun", I said ending the call.

"Good to know one of us is having a good time with their boyfriends", I said aloud to myself throwing my phone on the bed, then examining the bruises. They went from a purple green to a sickly yellow mixed with blue. I swear each time I looked my gag reflex was triggered. The less time in the mirrors the better. Thankfully, Nate was away on business so I had the weekend to myself, well except for the occasional pop in from the neighbors.

I still can't believe Nate doesn't trust me enough, he asked the neighbors to check up on me. My neighbors included Ryder and his mom so she always sent him to see if I was still alive, meaning he became a frequent visitor. Before my mind got all clouded up again I decided to hop in the shower to clear it. I quickly turned on the hot water and hopped right in. I let the hot water pour over me as it melted the stress right off. Man it felt so good.

"Hey princess you home...I hope you don't mind I let myself in", Ryder yelled from the first floor making sure I heard him. Speak of the devil. Thanks to him, my deep-thinking shower turned into a quickie and I hurried to get out before Ryder could see me. I reached for the towel, which I forgot because I thought I was alone.

"Nice going Nicole, could you get any dumber', I said to myself

"I was going to grab it on the way out because I thought it didn't matter because I was alone", I thought arguing with myself. I popped my head out to see if the coast was clear, and it was. My room was only a few feet away, but sadly it was passing the stair banister that was in sight from the first floor. So if Ryder was downstairs looking up he would most likely see my naked butt run across to my room. Great could this get any worse?

"F*ck it. I run track, I'm too fast to be spotted", I said trying to muscle up the courage to run out. Finally, I took a deep breath and made a run for Nate's room which was a lot closer than mine. I made it without being spotted so I rummaged around for something to wear. I looked I'm his closet and found rows upon rows of Victoria's Secret bags. Each one individually stuffed with some type of lingerie and perfumes. My brother is stocked for any occasion. I quickly picked out the most modest one, which was a white night gown that was too short for comfort and matching underwear and left little to the imagination. At least it wasn't see through. My brother has good taste, which was weird to think about so I left and made my way back to my room.

I got there and was welcomed by a certain bad boy staring at an old photo of me, Nate and my parents when I was five. Trying to not make any noise I snuck up behind him and got as close as I could and finally said:

"What are you doing?"

I didn't think he was going to actually get startled, but he did and the picture frame he held fell and the glass shattered.